The Five Year "Native Tree, Native Pot" Challenge!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This pot is amazing. Is there a thread where you teach how to do this? I'm not sweating the pot yet. Tree first, then pot to complement tree.
Nope. Just made a few as practice. Decided they are too bulky and that other people are much better at making nice pots. :)

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Its good theres so many participants. Anyone else struggling to narrow down starter material as well though? I’ve got at least 20 candidates in just hawthorn, let alone maples and elms etc. What’s a good number to play with do we think?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Its good theres so many participants. Anyone else struggling to narrow down starter material as well though? I’ve got at least 20 candidates in just hawthorn, let alone maples and elms etc. What’s a good number to play with do we think?
I understand.... Fall collecting at the SAME time as sorting through candidates feels oddly reminiscent of “going grocery shopping while hungry”... I feel I also have an enormous amount of consideration to “whomp” any indecisiveness. 🤣

My last few “Autumn Collections” were natives.. but I didn’t even make threads for them... They didn’t need the “pressure”.. and, I guess I concur. 🤓

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Most of my trees are natives, dug up in the yard or from collected seed... so I'm limiting myself to only what Ive just recently procured or can procure. I would love to include my Alder or silver maple, but theyve been with me for several years and I like the idea of the contest being a way to push myself to improve material which, in my opinion, may have more potential.

Top Bottom