The Fourth National Kazari

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I guess all I had to do was go to the web site...doh!

Thanks for reminding me Brian. Guess I have to get two or three trees ready for next April.

Makes this a spring type show again. Interesting.......

http://www.ccjac.org/exhibitionupcoming.html

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mark Rockwell, I wish you could come out here for the spring season at the museum. I may just check out all those near and far landscapes and pass along some photos. I could be coexed into passing along some of the woodblock prints.

Wonder if they would be interested in my collection of hand cut antique woodblock scroll stamps? Some of that ink is probably about a hundred years old.

Attachments

• DSC_000300011.JPG
    DSC_000300011.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 26

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Jeez, I would give my right eye to get out there for some of those exhibits :D. I'm not partial to Ukiyo-e prints, but I love Shin Hanga (Toshi and Hiroshi Yoshida, Koson, etc.) and it looks like they've got plenty of those. Definitely send some pics of the prints. I collect Shin Hanga prints, or well, at least I have a few -- might not really qualify as a collection.

FWIW, we have the Smithsonian's Sackler Gallery of Asian art here in D.C. Spectacular place--it even has some pretty nice scholar's stones...Also the Japanese embassy has exhibitions of art and artists every so often, not to mention the Nat. Arb and the cherry blossom festival. I know those things pale in comparison to some of the events and stuff on the left coast though.

Top Bottom