The Houseplant Thread - what do you have?

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Hmm, I'm not sure what your big one is. It doesn't look like a publicalyx. I know what the skinny leaf one next to it is though.
There is a facebook group, hoya ID, that could help.

Your South window would be good for the hoya too, especially this time of year.
i know i have a krimson queen, longifloria, carnosa, hindu rope (hurting right now)...mystery grey splashed one

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I have a few haworthia, spider plant, arrowhead vines, adansonii, tetrasperma and my ficus. I also have a few tillandsia.
very nice - heck of a pot for the xmas cactus (great flowers too)

there are about 8 xmas cactus rooted and in small teracotta on the table in my pic from this AM. mother plant off to the right. it was neglected and leggy, so i took it over from my folks.
once i get them to grow a bit more i might try to plant them back with the motherplant, as that was repotted and has room for more.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
very nice - heck of a pot for the xmas cactus (great flowers too)

there are about 8 xmas cactus rooted and in small teracotta on the table in my pic from this AM. mother plant off to the right. it was neglected and leggy, so i took it over from my folks.
once i get them to grow a bit more i might try to plant them back with the motherplant, as that was repotted and has room for more.
Yeah this is 2 plants a pink blooming and a white blooming. It was some root cuttings from my Moms plant. This was last year and it has doubled in size now- in a bigger pot. This was a nice photo to share though.
I just pulled a white faded bloom off for this pic75E2EB15-179B-464E-9981-31BE7F3A3F9A.jpeg

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Yeah this is 2 plants a pink blooming and a white blooming. It was some root cuttings from my Moms plant. This was last year and it has doubled in size now- in a bigger pot. This was a nice photo to share though.
I just pulled a white faded bloom off for this pic
Looks healthy!

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
The white one isn’t doing so good.
I might separate them. A fresh repot is needed after blooming.
Good to know and hope it rebounds. Ive seen them super full and disorganized which was healthy. I almost like a look of them more moderate full. I water mine every week or 1.5 because the pots decent size...its not unhealthy but I want it to grab hold of the repot still.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Anyone know this old houseplant that belongs to coworker? He said it throw a flower stalk up 20201121_094626_HDR.jpg

Some aloe love20201122_185459_HDR~2.jpg

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
my burrows tail is taking off pretty good considering the season, late season repot 3 mos ago (not an easy plant to repot without ruining). im glad because this thing has potential for a serious plant in this repot for the next few years. then ill be to get reliable cuttings from it.
when these rattle, move, sense instability they drop their thingys

Burrows Tail
20201121_111702_HDR~2_resized.jpg

henrykiser

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Anyone know this old houseplant that belongs to coworker? He said it throw a flower stalk up

Some aloe love
Maybe clivia? Just got a big one that is a descendant of my great grandmother's original! Beautiful flowers... This ones not mine but a good angle. images.jpg

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Much more modestly, not a green wall, but a ceiling which allows to 2 philodendron, to grow in my living room .
Stretched wires between the walls as support .

View attachment 341143
dud,e thats rad!!!! love me a classic philo heartleaf. im training mine up my shelves/moss pole.

spider plant bottom right or?

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
For all those passionate about indoor plants, I share this video, this woman has succeeded in making her living space a real little jungle and I find that great.
i watched that one and yeah that room is serious. she did a cool snake plant display on the floor if i remember right, because their vertical growth or something (i remember she designed it nicely)
and her terrarium setup was slick on the opposite side of the room.

i like planterina (getting a bit tired of it, shes in florida and montauk)
onlyplants (guy Sean, from indonesia)
and nigel saunders lol

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Maybe clivia? Just got a big one that is a descendant of my great grandmother's original! Beautiful flowers... This ones not mine but a good angle. View attachment 341134
seems like a good call - i just emailed him your response. his is decades old too, has a presence

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Maybe clivia? Just got a big one that is a descendant of my great grandmother's original! Beautiful flowers... This ones not mine but a good angle.
he and i confirmed after googling your suggestion. thanks. i think theyre neat plants. thought it was a massive orchid for a second.
i think an orchid wall is in the future for me, maybe a custom made wooden wall flat, wrap w moss or coco husky, and grow crazy little orchids.
they want high humidity for a lot of them so ill have to think on it.
def more hoyas in the future though. i got into Aloes a lot, want to collect, propagate, hybridize, sell some

nice with the spanish moss in the link

https://www.reddit.com/r/orchids/comments/am4bxc
1606229347866.png

1606229746099.png
1606229878168.png

Top Bottom