The maple stick in a pot (acer rubrum )

Deci22

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
went out this morning after coffee, was misting the little elm...looked over at the red maple and I saw this!! I don't know why but I'm extremely excited LOL. The little elm has some serious shoots now too!! now just waiting for my JM now...little early for spring but I'm so happy my stick in a pot is now a stick in a pot with leaf buds!!

Attachments

• 20230202_165611[1].jpg
    20230202_165611[1].jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 15
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
went out this morning after coffee, was misting the little elm...looked over at the red maple and I saw this!! I don't know why but I'm extremely excited LOL. The little elm has some serious shoots now too!! now just waiting for my JM now...little early for spring but I'm so happy my stick in a pot is now a stick in a pot with leaf buds!!
Noticed some buds on an Amur maple last weekend - they're always the first. Plus flower buds all over a Prunus cerasifera. February IS the end of winter...

Deci22

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Noticed some buds on an Amur maple last weekend - they're always the first. Plus flower buds all over a Prunus cerasifera. February IS the end of winter...
I suppose it is the end, not that we get much of a winter here :) I've been staring at the stick in the pot for what seems like forever making plans for when it wakes up!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I do all my wiring through winter (if it's not utterly freezing cold) so I'd prefer all my larches NOT to wake up until I've finished.

I've wired most of these - but still got 10-15 to wire...

IMG_4332 by Jerry Norbury, on Flickr

Top Bottom