the Mother Load -Warehouse Full of Pots

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Probably because you guys have the space to spread out and we live on top of each other. Everything needs to be maximized to make it work.
You're not wrong. I still find it odd, though, that Americans seem to have an aversion of some kind to shared marketplaces. A market of that scale and diversity is unheard of here, but relatively common in much of the rest of the world, even in neighboring countries.

cockroach

Chumono
Reaction score
It was odd to me when I fish got here.
You have wedding dress dress and bridal photography street. About 1km with many stores dedicated to it.
You have art street and night markets that all essentially sell the same type of thing.

In the west we are taught to research and find out what is missing in an area. Here in Taiwan, you have areas known for certain things such as bonsai, flowers or aquariums. Many vendors and stores peddle their wares. Many items are much of a muchness but their are a few that have found that product or range that their competition is not doing. They tend to do well.

It is also nice to go to place, park your scooter/car, get out and be able to walk to 10 different stores and compare before buying. Many of these are now even like "showrooms" as many of the sales are made online. And I use showroom very liberally as very few are in showroom condition.

Top Bottom