The new Studio!

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
If possible, find a reflector to put in front of the subject (and shoot over it) ...or slide the subject back further in the lightbox. This would help bring out some detail in the front of the image ...since its very clearly lit from the side(s).

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
If possible, find a reflector to put in front of the subject (and shoot over it) ...or slide the subject back further in the lightbox. This would help bring out some detail in the front of the image ...since its very clearly lit from the side(s).
There is a spot and a reflector in front, but they are kind of high and far away... just have to find a way to move them closer without getting in the way of where I need to take the picture from. It is also lit from the sides obviously, which is kind of the deal with a light box... I deff need more front light.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
@TomB asked in the tree thread that I post a pic of my light box setup, figured this was a more appropriate place for it, so here are a few shots of listings in eBay here you can buy one just like the one I got... it is fairly cheap, I am sure there are better products out there if you need something professional!
IMG_0084.PNG
The actual one I bought was a couple bucks cheaper and had a phone tripod included: IMG_0083.PNG
The goal is just to get a completely white (or black, blue, red...) background that fades from the vertical to horizontal which creates the look almost like the tree/ object is floating, completely removing the focus from your background and onto your subject. There are other ways to achieve this look, the light box is limited by it's size, but they make them as large as 5 foot cubes from what I have seen. I found the lights included to be below average but I have already got multiple studio and clip lights from my attempts in the past to boost my lighting so I added a few to the mix here as well.

TomB

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks Eric, I was curious to see how you were using it. I bought a cheap pop-up one a couple of years ago but was never really happy with the results I got. I may give it another go.

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
I been playing around with the Bonsai photos also. Only photo on my phone. Fun stuff to do while my wife updates my honey to do list.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1476303259057.jpg
    FB_IMG_1476303259057.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom