The Old Bonsai Self-Portrait Thread

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Do you have any old photos of you and bonsai? Break 'em out! Here's a shot of me working on a shimpaku in my back yard in '96 :) Crazily... I remember when my wife took this photo. Our oldest child was less than two months old :)

View attachment 445840
Great picture , there’s something about the early-mid 90’s that has a certain aesthetic. Too bad I didn’t read about bonsai in the preschool library back then .

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sorry, I don't have any pictures with trees

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
I have plenty of photos of old bonsai but not so many old photos of bonsai and even fewer old photos of bonsai with me as well but I have found a couple.

This was taken as promotion for a bonsai display and demo at a local nursery run by Clive (left). Obviously the wild man on the right owns the trident group.
Clive Keeble (l) and Neil Padbury sm.JPG

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
@Shibui the guy in blue looks like Shane Warne.... thought that must have been some exposure for your forest o_O

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
would like to contribute with at least a photo of me with bonsai, so a pic of an old man with bonsai
Now if we were asked for pics of old guys with bonsai we'd probably fill a thread.

January 2010 club meeting - topic ficus
P1050509s.JPG
Pretty sure 3 of those pictured are not with us any longer........

WavyGaby

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Now if we were asked for pics of old guys with bonsai we'd probably fill a thread.

January 2010 club meeting - topic ficus
View attachment 446088
Pretty sure 3 of those pictured are not with us any longer........
You sound and look like a super guy, Shibui! Sending warmth from the northern hemisphere!

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
If I'm the only one who's going to post a photo the life of this thread is going to be very short :)
Shibui is right. I am a noob. Fotos of old guy with trees I got. Old photos of me with trees I got none.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey old timers! I’m loving the photos! Gives me hope that if all you geezers can keep at it for this long that maybe a young punk like myself can too!

MSU JBoots

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have plenty of photos of old bonsai but not so many old photos of bonsai and even fewer old photos of bonsai with me as well but I have found a couple.

This was taken as promotion for a bonsai display and demo at a local nursery run by Clive (left). Obviously the wild man on the right owns the trident group.
View attachment 445897
At first glance I thought the guy on the left was Steve Irwin the crocodile hunter.

Top Bottom