The Personality Types In Bonsai

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The procreator who likes to take cuttings, air layer, plant seeds. Asexual or sexual they don't care, so long as they can make more.
Yes, but don't forget the way other half lives: ...can't throw away perfectly good cuttings of special plants left over from trimming... OCD.

(Obsessive Repulsive Disorder)

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The Creep: Will show off to anyone who will look, even if they don't want to look.
"Hey, kids, wanna see my trunk?"

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I vary by the seasons just like a tree.

From early January til end of February, I am a pensive type trying to figure out what I will do next. Pot selection, repot plans, etc.

From February through March, I am MAD AND MEAN! It is repotting time and I am a rabid wolverine. My vocabulary is predominantly shit, fuck, goddammit, piss on this and everything else and STAY OUT OF MY WAY !!

After March, I ...begin.. to normalize. I will backslide with inclement weather and/or noticing that a tree is not FULLY anchored in whatever I stuck it in.

April through beginning of June, I am pleasantly mesmerized with the development of foliage and confirmation that my wiring WAS ok. During this period, I am fairly approachable by cautious people and do not ordinarily bite.

June through September, I revert to the spring vocabulary of " shit, fuck, goddammit, piss on this and everything else"...with the addition of FUCK THIS HEAT !!!

After September.... (barring an extension of the broiling valley scorch)..... I begin to become the person I aspire to be that enjoys bonsai. Watching growth, moderating irrigation, removal of minor pests or wayward little sticks.

However, Santa...... I may still not be what you consider a "good boy" but will try to do penance for the early spring behavior.

:eek: 🤣:mad::oops:💩🎃😈

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
The Creep: Will show off to anyone who will look, even if they don't want to look.
"Hey, kids, wanna see my tru
I vary by the seasons just like a tree.

From early January til end of February, I am a pensive type trying to figure out what I will do next. Pot selection, repot plans, etc.

From February through March, I am MAD AND MEAN! It is repotting time and I am a rabid wolverine. My vocabulary is predominantly shit, fuck, goddammit, piss on this and everything else and STAY OUT OF MY WAY !!

After March, I ...begin.. to normalize. I will backslide with inclement weather and/or noticing that a tree is not FULLY anchored in whatever I stuck it in.

April through beginning of June, I am pleasantly mesmerized with the development of foliage and confirmation that my wiring WAS ok. During this period, I am fairly approachable by cautious people and do not ordinarily bite.

June through September, I revert to the spring vocabulary of " shit, fuck, goddammit, piss on this and everything else"...with the addition of FUCK THIS HEAT !!!

After September.... (barring an extension of the broiling valley scorch)..... I begin to become the person I aspire to be that enjoys bonsai. Watching growth, moderating irrigation, removal of minor pests or wayward little sticks.

However, Santa...... I may still not be what you consider a "good boy" but will try to do penance for the early spring behavior.

:eek: 🤣:mad::oops:💩🎃😈
I enjoy your eloquent description of what you display during the seasons

AcerAddict

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but I'm sometimes the "Everything on my property can be yamadori!" type.

Earlier this year, I found a two foot tall red maple seedling growing right in the middle of one of our rose bushes. I pulled it straight out of the ground, and stuck it in nursery pot with soil. Did the same thing with a two or three year old common myrtle I found at the edge of a wooded area on our property as well. They're both still alive and doing well months later. I HIGHLY doubt either one will be turned into bonsai. Much more likely I'll just plant them in the woods again pretty soon. I guess it's one of those things you want to try out just to see if you could do it. Plus, I mean, they were free, so there's that, haha.

Top Bottom