The rain won't stop

zanna5910

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Here in Houston, it seems to have been raining off and on every day for about 2 weeks. As a newbie, I'm beginning to think its probably raining too much for my plants. Is this possible? Is there ever a time where it's rained enough and I should think about bringing the plants in under a cover? Or can I just leave them out and let them dry out some until I water again (but obviously not bone dry)?

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I've had some times where it rained a lot. i did the shuffle but don't think it made much difference. As long as you have good draining soil, just put a rock or piece of wood under one end of the pot to tilt it so it's on an angle. It helps excess water running off and won't allow the entire tree to sit in water.

zanna5910

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Most of my stuff is in 6" grow pots in a mix of turface, pine bark, granite, shale, and some lava. It holds water well but I guess it will be alright. it stays moist naturally for over a day, but there isn't any standing water and lots of holes in the bottom for drainage, hopefully it's okay. Think I'm just a newbie who worries too much.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Most of my stuff is in 6" grow pots in a mix of turface, pine bark, granite, shale, and some lava. It holds water well but I guess it will be alright. it stays moist naturally for over a day, but there isn't any standing water and lots of holes in the bottom for drainage, hopefully it's okay.

That soil mix should be fine.

Think I'm just a newbie who worries too much.

I resemble that remark!

Top Bottom