View attachment 178338
I thought it was a Triffid
day_of_the_triffids_poster_1962_01.jpg

JosephCooper

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
About that white pine, you'll have a TON of things you have to do with it. Candle pruning, removing old needles, shortening...

It's so complicated and needs to be timed specifically that I won't mess with pines until I really know what I'm doing...

Sorry to discourage you, but I don't want you to do permanent damage to your pines... :(

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I think the OP should take people's advice on slip potting into a colander, and remove the wire. Considering how bad the owner was hammered on in the first post, I would assume he would take SOME advice from the highly experienced members.

scottc

Mame
Reaction score
I’ll eventually try and get this tree to look like The one on the left. B4C48DC2-7286-43F1-80A8-37236415EAB5.jpegThis set of paintings is from early 1700’s from my collect
@scottc ; what exactly do you want to get out of this thread?
mostly critical comments and some good advice I’m to stubborn to take.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
A tree like the image from the drawing you have shown will be very difficult to develop from the Mugo you have presented here as your subject/victim. First of all the drawing is surrealistic and is far from being even plausible. My point here is to decide on an image that has two traits; one is it realistic and the other is it possible understanding your current skill set.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I would like to see this alive and kicking in 3 years.

This makes me chuckle. Not sure why. This could be the beginning of something infamous.

scottc

Mame
Reaction score
625F8885-0026-4F8D-B088-45861ED31FFA.jpegShe is still kicking around!!!! I was told it will never survive 3 years. Im getting close!!!!!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Mugos in my experience do not adapt well to the Cascade style. However now that you know you can keep one alive maybe its time to take it serious.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was told it will never survive 3 years.
Hm.. but not this this, or That other thread about the tree?

What have you meanwhile learned about pine & bonsai? How do you see the road of development for this tree?

To be honest, I am a little sad to see the amount of development. I would have expected more and hoped that you would have found a way to make it work.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Dude, it's a spite tree. Those are worth their weight in gold.

Top Bottom