The "say something nice about the person above you" thread

Graft

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
@penumbra

We have bumped into each other a few times on this site, but as I'm new here I have cruised some of your posts. I have to say that you are knowledgeable, always kind and thoughtful, genuinely inquisitive. And you have a wealth of experience that adds to this site in a very positive. And thanks for responding to some of my posts. It's always good to here what you have to say.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
@Graft As one of our newer members, it is great to see you here mixing it up with the regulars :) I enjoy your positive attitude and your bad jokes :) I am looking forward to seeing more as your collection grows from two trees, to two dozen, to two hundred. I'll be able to say "I knew him when...!"

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
@Bonsai Nut , Thank you so much for creating and maintaining this wonderful site. I have learned much in my few years here as well as been very entertained and made a few friends. It's like a dysfunctional family, soap opera and sometimes trainwreck, but very educational as well.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Glad to follow up on your post Carol. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that you share in this site. Many times it comes to mind "I wonder what Carol would think".
You have contributed a great deal of horticultural knowledge and good no nonsense advice, as well as a good sense of humor. You remind me a bit of Grimmy (but you have to start drinking at noon :)) Not to mention that you are a very talented potter. Note, this is a reply so doesn't count. Next person should talk about penumbra.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
This tread has more pressure than Pavarotti's knees
You are all the greatest bunch of people!
THIS guy knows “what’s up!” and was wise to compliment the “Whole She-bang” *Technical Term*

This is the “um-teenth” time your humor has brightened my day ...

Thank you!

🤓

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@HorseloverFat You are so quirky, even when you are making a small serious post you manage to sprinkle it with enough of your personality to glean a laugh or smile from whoever reads it. Thank you for making the forum informative yet fun at the same time.

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@HorseloverFat You are so quirky, even when you are making a small serious post you manage to sprinkle it with enough of your personality to glean a laugh or smile from whoever reads it. Thank you for making the forum informative yet fun at the same time.
Mapleminx, you haven't been here very long yet but you really jumped into the jokes thread with both feet! Way to make a splash!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Seem like a nice, dependable friend. Shirt off your back type, I figure.......now get them bonsai chops up to speed my friend!!!

....and can't possibly smoke as much as me.....I make Bob Marley seem "straight edge"..... ;) :D :D :D :D :D 😷

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Carol, I really love your non confrontational presence. You are very well centered. It seems this is your natural "self" and you make it seem effortless. There is already too much ego and testosterone here. So many here could learn from you. Also, I have noticed that anything you have "liked" is worth reading.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Carol, I really love your non confrontational presence...
Penumbra,

I was very intrigued by the name you have chosen to be here. In Portuguese and Spanish, "penumbra" besides the obvious meaning of the passage from light to darkness, has a gloomy connotation of sadness, melancholy.
Poetic anyway.
But no! I am glad to be following your posts, always well thought and many times very instructive, and found out you are not gloomy at all.
😀

20201021_142104.jpg

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Clicio You strike me as such a pleasant guy and are always so diplomatic when it comes to correcting or disagreeing on something. You exude calm if that’s even possible over text! Your opinion is always so well thought out so as not to upset anyone and you have such a wealth of knowledge that you share freely.

Before you I was never a fan of tropicals before but the more I see of your spectacular trees the more you are starting to convert me! 🥰

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
@Mapleminx I don't know you very well, but the fact that you dove right in and sticked with what you said you'd do is pretty cool.
You provided me another store to buy from.

That, and you seem to notice the same things about people that I do, which says a lot about your personality. Stay golden!

dresdraconius

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I don't know a lot about you leatherback, but as a newbie, I appreciated that you took your time to help me out on my posts about pomegranate, oak and elm trees. Thanks man.

Now , the next guy doesn't need to say anything about me cuz I understand I'm new around these parts.

Top Bottom