The Shohin Tree Thread

Sno

Mame
Reaction score
Kunzea parvifolia . An Australian native . I spent about two hours pruning it back after it flowered . To my eye it still looks a bit heavy but I need good growth to recover from a early summer repot I am about to do . A bit tall but it’s light in the hand . A601C3BC-E614-4C75-AF7C-C5262DADD258.jpeg

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Oh god no!! that would be an insult to this tread and the bonsais in it, if you make the crappy prebonsai thread I will have plenty of those... xD 🤣
Then, in the spirit of this thread, you should be in observer mode:
Like “The Tree Thread”, this is a new thread where, if you comment, you have to post a picture of one of your Shohin trees (8” or less in height), in a Bonsai pot, and ideally in a display format. You can post the same tree multiple times, in different seasons, different arrangements, or with different accents. Please include pot maker.
Princes persimmon, Shuho pot.
B571A754-63B6-40B3-B4C8-884EC3EB17D6.jpeg

Sno

Mame
Reaction score
Nice juniper, if it were mine I would choose one of the apex and kill the other, I probably kill the left apex and make a jin with it
One day maybe . I kept on growing the left hand side after I originally made the first Jin just to get a better Jin and now I think I have to keep some of a the left hand side for balance or tilt it or cut more off it or something . Basically I am having fun growing it and seeing where it goes .

Oh god no!! that would be an insult to this tread and the bonsais in it, if you make the crappy prebonsai thread I will have plenty of those... xD 🤣

I don’t think there is a rule about the quality of the tree you have to show . This tree is ‘prebonsai ‘ but I think it has a lot of potential as a Shohin

Australian native . Calytrix , Snow Mrytle
ED43A2D1-798F-4713-9122-30C905DB4D89.jpeg

Close up of flowers
D2A4DE3E-4CD9-4B86-95C3-64851422A4D2.jpeg

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Yikes!! this is the first time I wired my erodium. I didn’t know you could wire them. It never put anything out long enough to wire. Not sure where this going. New pot is coming when it gets fired.

1DED6DAB-F884-41BE-8F08-92EDB97B106E.jpeg

Top Bottom