The Social Isolation Thread

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You’re kind of in the central starting point of all that’s happening. Stay well. Still winter where I am. The snow is gone but temperatures still linger in the mid twenties. The ground is “crunchy cold” yet. Rains predicted are combined with snow flurries. It’s usually about mid April before any life signs stir in the trees.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wired out a tan juniper. Nothing special really, just a nursery juniper bought on the cheap that I was not inspired about. But after some wire and time, I like it! 1st pic is after initial purchase last June and cleaning out a bit. Next pics are this morning after styling last night.

not sure on the front I prefer. what do you think?

Attachments

• 3D6A59B8-7561-4ACF-81A6-3857E7DC00F1.jpeg
    3D6A59B8-7561-4ACF-81A6-3857E7DC00F1.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 2A1611A6-C0A8-4319-9CF9-D6A3D54A04DB.jpeg
    2A1611A6-C0A8-4319-9CF9-D6A3D54A04DB.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 161
  • B0A49E10-00F2-4826-9498-8386ADFC0CAB.jpeg
    B0A49E10-00F2-4826-9498-8386ADFC0CAB.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 178

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
You’re kind of in the central starting point of all that’s happening. Stay well. Still winter where I am. The snow is gone but temperatures still linger in the mid twenties. The ground is “crunchy cold” yet. Rains predicted are combined with snow flurries. It’s usually about mid April before any life signs stir in the trees.
Dang!
We're gonna get into the 70's F today.....and 80f tomorrow!

I still have a bunch of starter trees that should be repotted, plus still waiting for my Crape Myrtle and Bald Cypress to wake up.....might happen this weekend with these temps.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Wired out a tan juniper. Nothing special really, just a nursery juniper bought on the cheap that I was not inspired about. But after some wire and time, I like it! 1st pic is after initial purchase last June and cleaning out a bit. Next pics are this morning after styling last night.

Both fronts look pretty good.
I think I like front #1 more for now....but I think the rear facing jin is too much for my liking, I'd reduce it.

Nice work with the wire and styling!

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Socially isolated here as well. Cold and rainy in PHX this morning. We need the rain! I bare rooted this grape from my yard 2 weeks ago starting to pop.
20200319_082946.jpg
Couple of pics from my wet benches.
20200319_083013.jpg
20200319_083030.jpg
Stay safe people.

Arcto

Chumono
Reaction score

Based on the pics today, the 3rd image. Maybe reduce that big jin on the far right. Nice start.

Brad in GR

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Near me in GR, no? Up to 58f today! Yes the nights are still chilly (I see two scary ones for my outdoor trees coming this weekend, lows in mid twenties at night) but... budding, could, maybe, happen soon? Please? Darn you Michigan... 58 “low” overnight tonight and a day later we’re into the twenties.

I’m doing light wiring on a few pines and a Fraser fir.

Attachments

• E7CA1D06-EC12-4246-8782-B9F4F4FC4540.png
    E7CA1D06-EC12-4246-8782-B9F4F4FC4540.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 127

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I just got out of social isolation! Back to work again :-(
So are your restrictions loosening there?

I've been doing plenty of the work I can at this time of year on the trees, still have the large Kurume to do, will wait till after the blooming for that one.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Socially isolated here as well. Cold and rainy in PHX this morning. We need the rain! I bare rooted this grape from my yard 2 weeks ago starting to pop.
View attachment 289889
Couple of pics from my wet benches.
View attachment 289890
View attachment 289891
Stay safe people.
That is a lot of stuff! Is that a dusty miller tree in the front right? The leaves look just like that plant. Nice rosemary back there too.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Holed up in the house watchin stock nose dive and wonder what will happen in the next few weeks. Not in the mood working on trees! I have been working in the oil patch for close to 20 years and this is the first time I feel my job is in danger. WFH is a PIA when you have two little primary school age kids to entertain.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
So are your restrictions loosening there?

I've been doing plenty of the work I can at this time of year on the trees, still have the large Kurume to do, will wait till after the blooming for that one.

Nope, they are still the same measures, if you can call it that. Our government likes to call it 'advice', so half of the country doesn't give a hoot. I had some coughs and a bit of fever, now that I'm free of those complaints for over 48 hours, I'm back to work. There's another lung virus going around, and the flu hasn't stopped either, and it's hayfever season. So there's no telling who is suffering from what exactly, unless you end up on the IC, then you'll get tested.
But since the public transport is filled with coughing people, and our minister of health has collapsed during a debate yesterday, I don't think it'll be long before we'll either get either a full lock down or a zero-restrictions policy. Realistically speaking, we're way beyond flattening the curve already. We just test less than the rest of the world, so the numbers are off.. We have no public numbers of tested vs. positives, because I honestly believe that everyone being tested comes back positive. The first outbreak started during carnaval, which is like the US spring break - with half of the adult population celebrating along - but in a Halloween costume and with near freezing temperatures. Perfect storm. Afterwards, everybody traveled back to where they study or have their student housing. The restrictions have just been in place for less than a week, now that we're showing a similar pattern as Italy.
The thing is: since Europe is so divided, with all those different measures, it'll come in wave, after wave, after wave. As soon as people are allowed to travel again, they're going to infect others. I can drive to Paris and back in a single day. That's three countries I'll be in, with three different types of measures. If one of them isn't successful - and I know they aren't, Europeans are filthy by default, myself included - then there's no stopping this train.
I just hope that the people that have had it, catch up a good immunity and stop being spreaders.

Top Bottom