The Tater thread

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Post 'em up, let's see them! I know you have them, hidden on the back of your bench, embarrassed by their short squatiness. I was once like you. I was embarrassed by my taters. In recent years, though, I've grown to love them, and have moved them to the front of the bench where they belong.... in all seriousness, they're at the front of the bench so they get adequate sun:p.
DSCF1342.jpgAFBDCB56-D5A9-4F9F-A1F5-9834FD4189C1.jpegIMG_0464.jpgIMG_0663.jpgIMG_0661.jpgIMG_1951.jpgIMG_1999 (1).jpgIMG_2078.jpgIMG_1995.jpgDSCF1342.jpg

My benches are clearly overrun with taters.... but I wouldn't have it any other way.

coachspinks

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Cedar Elm, it has a little more taper than the photo shows. It will probably get chopped soon.
cedarelm.jpg
Fringe tree that I dug last year. No idea what I will do with it but it lived so it gets a place on the bench.
fringe.jpg
A whole pack of taters on the top row!
taters.jpg
and my biggest tater of all. A choke cherry fatty.
chokecherry.jpg

TomB

Omono
Reaction score
Haven’t decided if this one is worth digging up, hackberry frite, still hacking it back.
View attachment 235621
I would. It'll never be a great tree, but - to me at least - it can certainly be a very interesting one if you capitalise on the features it already has. But I like gnarly decidous trees with hollow trunks etc.

Top Bottom