The "This is Not a Contest" Contest

Reaction score
Yea, I believe it's all about making the tree better and gaining experience. So this would go into the experience branch! Lol just be sure not to cut that off later! I almost said limb, I'm a cancer amputee. Dbl points lulz

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Need some, not a contest updates, go post em up. This should be started every couple of years for the new folks.

@sorce , I believe you named the contest, such a great name

Cattwooduk

Shohin
Reaction score
Totally forgot about this to be honest! Can't even remember which tree I picked so almost certainly haven't done anything with it. Haven't really done much bonsai the lat 2 years - kids!
If it's the tree I think it is then I was looking at it the other day, needs complete re-wiring and pruning... Basically looks like it did when I first bought it before I did any work on it. Think that's the character of a cryptomeria though, the branches are so springy they need re-wiring a bunch of times before they stay put

KiwiPlantGuy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hi,
I still have my raft juniper, just haven’t posted for a while as I separated it but not much more.
Charles

karen82

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think I entered my CO blue spruce and maybe also my big trident maple.
Both alive, both still ugly.
I got the spruce as a complete newb, not knowing that spruce are just about the slowest trees to bonsai so I've been working on it, but super slow.
The trident had ugly roots so I did some root grafts in 2020, all the grafts took but the tree decided it would not grow. Literally. The grafted seedlings have grown great, but for some reason the main tree refuses to grow in any way, it leafs out solid little tufts of leaves with no space between them. So I have been unable to do any kind of branch development. This spring, I will probably remove most of the grafted seedling tops and repot it into a smaller pot and hopefully that will convince it to grow branches since it won't have the seedlings feeding it.

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
This contest expired, mainly due to the organizer stopped posting. If you have a tree you entered please post your result in your personal thread and here.

Top Bottom