The Tree Thread

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
@MACH5 cool JRP, is that pot Sr. or Jr.?
@parhamr that trunk is great! Killer wiggle.
@BE.REAL good start, but you’re still missing the point of this thread. It’s The Tree Thread. Each time you post on this thread, you must include a photo of a BE.REAL Bonsai. It can be the same teee, but a different day or view.

Here is a 6” tall sumo trident posted here before, but on a new display table. Ino pot, accent is erodium in a Tofu:
F8D8550F-FA27-4773-8F04-E8A7D19C4A7D.jpeg

BE.REAL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@BE.REAL good start, but you’re still missing the point of this thread. It’s The Tree Thread. Each time you post on this thread, you must include a photo of a BE.REAL Bonsai. It can be the same teee, but a different day or view.

Here is a 6” tall sumo trident posted here before, but on a new display table. Ino pot, accent is erodium in a Tofu:
View attachment 210365
Those were my first 6 or so pictures of trees in development, and when I work on them more I will show them progressing. I will take some others as well I just went out last night and took a bunch to post after the jokes, haha. Am I missing something else, please advise, as I mentioned I don't have what you would consider finished trees, I like to make my pots and go from there. The Bougie next to the K. hornbeam is another one, but didn't mention it, cause it needs work, pot change, etc.
Again, let me know what I missing, just want to learn and share. Thanks

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Again, let me know what I missing, just want to learn and share
It is not that hard. You cannot respond to this thread without posting a tree of your own in the same post.

Like this carpinus I pulled from a forest in 2013. Eventuallly I will post a piccture of the tree it is now:

Attachments

• bonsaiweb_20131116_41.jpg
    bonsaiweb_20131116_41.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 26

BE.REAL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It is not that hard. You cannot respond to this thread without posting a tree of your own in the same post.

Like this carpinus I pulled from a forest in 2013. Eventuallly I will post a piccture of the tree it is now:

Again, I posted shortly after the 1st comments, there are 4 different posts, all with pictures. They are all my trees that I am working/creating...and I will do more work and show them again, and will add others. Your right its not hard, but whats different from my pictures and trees on the 3 or 4 posts I added than anyone else's, besides the obvious development stage, ha.

Bonsai901

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Again, I posted shortly after the 1st comments, there are 4 different posts, all with pictures. They are all my trees that I am working/creating...and I will do more work and show them again, and will add others. Your right its not hard, but whats different from my pictures and trees on the 3 or 4 posts I added than anyone else's, besides the obvious development stage, ha.
Still not getting it...
EVERY TIME you post in this thread, it must have a picture with it.

Like this Hinoki

Now my post is complete because I have a picture in my post.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What is different is that YOU DO NOT POST A TREE when responding. That is foulplay in this thread. Every. Single. Time. yuo post in this thread, you include a picture of one of your trees. Like the same carpinus as the previous post, but the way it roughly looks now:
20180702-19.jpg

BE.REAL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This is Crazy, am I the only one that sees pictures and comments on post#'s 2175, 2176,2177, and 2178.

Cause I see my trees, no they are not as good as some or all the others posted here, but I never claimed to have finished trees...I will take the hint if that's how you roll, but could just say no thanks and I would disappear. Wow. I guess I need to get working and get some new pots and pictures.

Anywho, thanks Mach5 and anyone else that liked or commented, will see ya on the next thread...Best wishes to all.20180917_224827.jpg
Edited
, this is a Dawn RW Im still waiting for roots to grow on an air layer at wrong time of year,
after Leatherback explained I need to have pictures on each post. will get out and take more.

Bonsai901

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
This is Crazy, am I the only one that sees pictures and comments on post#'s 2175, 2176,2177, and 2178.

Cause I see my trees, no they are not as good as some or all the others posted here, but I never claimed to have finished trees...I will take the hint if that's how you roll, but could just say no thanks and I would disappear. Wow. I guess I need to get working and get some new pots and pictures.

Anywho, thanks Mach5 and anyone else that liked or commented, will see ya on the next thread...Best wishes to all.
Just post a pic with that post and you will have it.
You must post a pic with EVERY SINGLE POST. It's nothing against you or your trees, it's the rules of this thread.

Now for a pic, because that is how this works.
A dying juniper, I have since sacrificed it by fire.

BE.REAL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
each post gets a picture , even if you are replying to a comment on another tree, saying hi, or tell me to shit in a hat, each post gets a tree pic.

I bow in respect.

this is Nana that was wired from NEBG on clearance past spring. I had this pot I made over winter and repotted it into it when got home. I trimmed a little and took of some of the wire that was bitting in. Maybe the pot is too much, but with sun and fert it will not be long to fill with roots.

Attachments

• 20180917_225107.jpg
    20180917_225107.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 32

Bonsai901

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
each post gets a picture , even if you are replying to a comment on another tree, saying hi, or tell me to shit in a hat, each post gets a tree pic.

I bow in respect.

this is Nana that was wired from NEBG on clearance past spring. I had this pot I made over winter and repotted it into it when got home. I trimmed a little and took of some of the wire that was bitting in. Maybe the pot is too much, but with sun and fert it will not be long to fill with roots.
BINGO!

My collection of pre-bonsai.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If you want to get comments/help/ on your tree's then create a thread for that purpose

Screenshot_20180918-213522.jpg

This celtis sinensis started to grow very late in june i was thinking it gave up but then it decided to grow some shoots but i hoped on some more buds down low glad its alive tough
Previous owner put it in akadama and potting soil so it stays wet very long ?

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
each post gets a picture , even if you are replying to a comment on another tree
Bingo, Dingo! That’s the rule for this particular thread. Post here all you want, but when you post on this thread, include a photo of one of your trees.

Twin trunk arakawa Japanese Maple in an old Keizan pot.
637CBDFB-33BF-4CAB-B48A-03E1F06B1DF3.jpeg

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score

View attachment 210365

Sweet display!! The pot of the JRP I believe is Sr. but unsigned. I need to check with Juan Andrade whom I purchased the tree from.

Yatsubusa elm.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sweet display!! The pot of the JRP I believe is Sr. but unsigned. I need to check with Juan Andrade whom I purchased the tree from.

Yatsubusa elm.
That really is one incredible looking tree Serg!

ROR Asian Jasmine I've been working on for a few years (photo is from last winter):

ROR Asian Jasmine.jpg

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yamadori Englemann Spruce collected by Bobby Curttright and Matt Reel in 2016 from Mt. Hood.
8A1B0267-983C-4BB6-B0E8-382FC71D8365.jpeg

At the 2018 NW Bonsai Rendezvous I got this tree from a 3-hour workshop lead by Mr. Reel. Some detail wiring still needs to be done.

I’ve prioritized near-future horticulture over aggressive styling; some sections of the tree need to build more strength. A few weaker branches will now have better sun exposure than before.

I could repot this tree in winter 2019 but I am likely waiting until 2020.

Top Bottom