The Tree Thread

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Blauuws Juniper from finger thin raw nursery stock. More information on the progression IMG_20190606_163439.jpghere: https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/juniper-progression.39774/

Another Juniper grow out project, this time a 5 trunk clump, setting the trunks which were all far too straight and some of the branches. I've left on many more branches and trunk apices that are needed. They'll be removed or jinned slowly over time as the tree shows me some vigour.

IMG_20190624_180254.jpg

AppleBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This cm got all bushy again and started flowering again so I cut it back again and put it in this cheap blue pot..all napa with some bark still, barerooted from discount nursery shelf into spaghetti strainer last summer
View attachment 259278
It has a nice trunk line for a CM... That's actually hard to wire or find one like this naturally that is this size. Great start!

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It has a nice trunk line for a CM... That's actually hard to wire or find one like this naturally that is this size. Great start!
Thankful.
It’s no showpiece but it’s just surprisingly been one of the fastest...honestly thought not much of it this time last year. It was two trunks sawed into two

The opposite side almost looks like a different tree..putting that fat first branch in the back...

@AppleBonsai, you didn’t post a photo

AppleBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thankful.
It’s no showpiece but it’s just surprisingly been one of the fastest...honestly thought not much of it this time last year. It was two trunks sawed into two

The opposite side almost looks like a different tree..putting that fat first branch in the back...
View attachment 259280

@AppleBonsai, you didn’t post a photo

Yeah totally different on the opposing side... What photo are you referring to that wasn't posted?

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yeah totally different on the opposing side... What photo are you referring to that wasn't posted?
this thread requires a photo of a tree w/ each post. that makes two homie :oops:;)

here’s the disconjoined twin...those big ass leaves..perhaps if I do ever display this/these, may have to cut it back 2-4 weeks prior..don’t begin to know if this idea is dicey, but the leaves can be as fat as the trunk

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Here is a photo series of a Yew that I've been growing on for about 18 years. I'm going slow with this one - 18 years is quite an investment so no drastic reduction, carve jobs or repots in the same year :) Even on the last pic I've left on lots of green at the back to keep it strong. Next year all excess shoots will be eliminated, it'll get another wire out and the final branch structure will be set. More carving will be needed but that will be when it's crazy strong and I'll be doing it in bits over a few years. The base is around 5 inches.

If you want more details I've created its own thread here:

IMG_20180405_100333_DRO.jpg

IMG_20180405_100341_DRO.jpg

IMG_20180405_105722_DRO.jpg

IMG_20190827_192634.jpg

Last edited:

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
this thread requires a photo of a tree w/ each post. that makes two homie :oops:;)

here’s the disconjoined twin...those big ass leaves..perhaps if I do ever display this/these, may have to cut it back 2-4 weeks prior..don’t begin to know if this idea is dicey, but the leaves can be as fat as the trunk
View attachment 259281
Hegde it. CM is the best specie to hedge.

Attachments

• IMG_20190824_152338.jpg
    IMG_20190824_152338.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 15

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I was going to put this in the Shohin thread ,but it’s getting a bit big . Still one handed . Leptospermum laevitagum a few years old on granite ,a local rock . The top is still too complicated , future gin View attachment 259295
Like. I have a pom that will be similar to this one... One day.
IMG_20190824_152716.jpg

Top Bottom