The Tree Thread

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Zelkova again, the base is almost 12in across.going to be a powerful piece.since i dug it up a few weeks ago its looking much healthier on my balcony, the lime green has returned, looking forward to the autumn colours. this is somewhat rare, you just dont see zelkova with trunks as powerful as this.his brother is also a beast😉20190912_173101.jpg20190912_174633.jpg

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Zelkova again, the base is almost 12in across.going to be a powerful piece.since i dug it up a few weeks ago its looking much healthier on my balcony, the lime green has returned, looking forward to the autumn colours. this is somewhat rare, you just dont see zelkova with trunks as powerful as this.his brother is also a beast😉View attachment 262186View attachment 262187

Nice Bobby!

Shohin group planting of Morus rubra (dwarf mulberry) close to peak autumn color. I think this would look great used as an accent to a conifer.

IMG_2981.jpg

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hornbeam, just needs time....it may be moved on as i have bigger more powerful trees now.
Base is exceptional...it was dug up a few days ago, its now in the greenhouse20190913_171131.jpg

ill do some carving at the top of the trunk where it died back a bit and wire out the basic structure at leaf drop

Calnicky

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'm posting my Japanese Black Pine, purchased last week from Bonsai Northwest. I'm going to a workshop taught by Bill Valavanis today, though, so I expect it will look a bit more refined when I get home. Will repost then!

Attachments

• JBP 9-22-19.jpg
    JBP 9-22-19.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 85

Doug J

Mame
Reaction score
Colorado Spruce

After jinning the apex and removal of a couple long lower branches. At his point I will let it elongate until next fall (possibly longer) so that I can get back budding, and do branch selection in the mid-section of the tree. This tree has (what I see) as the added advantage of three sub-trunks/branches, at the base. Not exactly sure how I will proceed with those. For the time being I have them wired to stand upright. without the wire they kind of "fold up" and fall nearly horizontal.

E5eGOYFtRuGTbvGfsDyMQA.jpgE5eGOYFtRuGTbvGfsDyMQA.jpgQ7cYe7vlQsGrxFu9ZpWxXQ.jpgQ7cYe7vlQsGrxFu9ZpWxXQ.jpg

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My Telperion Scots pine is filling in but needs another year to really have the vigor I’d like for its first styling. It might turn out that I’m growing the outer foliage for use as close-in scion grafts on the primary branches.
DEB72C41-7BD3-4097-A7AB-5CFB80672BD7.jpeg

This was one of their discount trees. It was a little weak, seemingly from a minor needle rust infection and soil that was too fine and organic. I’ve had some success in producing back buds and now they need the 2020 season to gain strength.

Top Bottom