The Tree Thread

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If I'm boring people on this thread (cos some may feel I'm spamming) let me know. Potentilla after cut back, soji and a little wire (awkward to apply).
Gee whiz, Paul. Where do you get off? Posting pix of your trees in The Tree Thread.

What an outrage! 🤣

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Paul's Scarlet Hawthorn in development. A gift from my dad, from garden centre material, grown out 6-7 years then chopped, carved at the obvious chop points and potted for training 2 years ago. It flowered pre chop so I know it's capable.

It's much quirkier, coarser and less accommodating (more reluctant budder) than my other monogynas. The weird loopy branch is a thread graft adding on a back branch. I'll leave it on while longer. Done a load of grafts this year. Need to inspect the roots and come up with a plan.

IMG_20200117_153843.jpg

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
aesculus hippocastanum (horse chestnut) at my parent’s home. Just cut back some, Im never really here do work on it at a good time in the year. It really should be taken out of The ground once, it’s about 30 years old from seed, last footwork was I think 5 years ago..
3CE49EBD-13C5-4199-8351-AF543133E06A.jpeg

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Purple Berberis Neagari. I have a love hate relationship with this species. Love when I don't have to wire, hate when I do - OUCH. First year in a pot from raw stock, very early days but I enjoy the purple leaves, gives variety in my garden.

Hopefully, it'll pop in the obvious spot it needs a branch on that upper bend. If not I'll grow a shoot to prep for grafting next season.

IMG_20200122_163121.jpg

Top Bottom