The Tree Thread

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is gorgeous @Maros
I think it deserves a progression thread, what do you think? WOuld love to see how it developed over the years!

A BRT seedling, with compliments to @Clicio for helping me locate some seed when I was visiting.

Attachments

• logo_20200906_37.jpg
    logo_20200906_37.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 61

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
That is gorgeous @Maros
I think it deserves a progression thread, what do you think? WOuld love to see how it developed over the years!

A BRT seedling, with compliments to @Clicio for helping me locate some seed when I was visiting.

Thanks, mate. Agree. I start the thread on this tree by end of the week, I promise. I need some therapy in these crazy times so it might prove beneficial.

Fraxinus ornus/Manna Ash
DSC_3005.jpg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's always a pleasure talking bonsai with friends, @leatherback .

Small Pitanga in need of a trim, overpoted to help the trunk girth:
Always happy to catch up. Lets hope this covid stays around for a long time, because..
I need some therapy in these crazy times so it might prove beneficial.

Fraxinus ornus/Manna Ash
And that is just another cool tree!

An olive trunk section :)

20200906-R14A4176.jpg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
WOW!
This is stunning!
Beautiful artwork
To be honest, I have just been following the natural grains and colorations.

Your Bouggie looks exactly like one I bought for bonsai, but was confiscated to become a regular patioplant.

Another angle of the olive with very different lines! The lower angle was burried when I did the initial shaping!

20200906-R14A4178.jpg

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Chopped this privet back again, -never let it flower, top three most invasive plants in S.E. easily 68ACF1FE-F68F-4E70-87B2-51624C4A7C58.jpeg/ arguably. Looking at this image those main side branch’s cut back by at least 1/3 next week or tomorrow. Seriously a destructive species, maybe pot next year. Know yer enemy?..

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Sorry: Lousy photograph that does not show any detail of the trunk or the base (Nebari). It may be a really nice tree.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sorry: Lousy photograph that does not show any detail of the trunk or the base (Nebari). It may be a really nice tree.
It may have the potential to be something, still flawed, appreciate your thoughts Vance.

Collected this sometime over a year ago, never real proper root work -taproot still visible, etc. but still some kinda base in the works here. Also, it’s neglected on the trash/practice/rejects bench even in watering -no rotation, watering from front pushing soil to back visible by fine feeder roots in back not front -sign of plausible root development given right circumstances.

Could be cut hard to first branch; otherwise, as is, the first and second being so close (almost bar) force it into shohin size.

Apologies for sketchy photos

EBDA6BF0-8F9C-4F53-AF8E-38F608E54642.jpegA9648273-BA74-4B4A-8537-7871598D51BC.jpeg

Top Bottom