The Tree Thread

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Nice. Great set up. How much sun do your rmj receive?

Thanks Chicago! It receives about 5.5 hours of direct sunlight.

European hornbeam being placed in my new grow-out area. Soil still to come. For size comparison, the rootball (barely visible) is over 3 feet in diameter.

thomas22

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone

European hornbeam being placed in my new grow-out area. Soil still to come. For size comparison, the rootball (barely visible) is over 3 feet in diameter.

I use the term "grow-out" differently. Like grow small trees bigger. That's going to be a great tree some day. Recent pic of a Bougie. Yes I need a pot.

20170703_193713 (2).jpg

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Wow...........such a beasty it needs a corral!!!!;):eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Did I say.......WOW.....

DSC02102.JPG

Sure, plenty of sunburn. Whatever it is, it doesn't appreciate a good sunbath!?!?.........
DSC02103.JPG

What will you do, @MACH5 ......oh wait....maybe you'll try putting it in the ground/backfill/only the shadow knows in early fall?

Suppose you should save the answers until an expertly designed/photographed thread can be developed?;):(:D:D:D:D:D:D

Happy Wednesday!!!:rolleyes:o_Oo_Oo_O

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Wow...........such a beasty it needs a corral!!!!;):eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Did I say.......WOW.....

View attachment 152897

Sure, plenty of sunburn. Whatever it is, it doesn't appreciate a good sunbath!?!?.........
View attachment 152900

What will you do, @MACH5 ......oh wait....maybe you'll try putting it in the ground/backfill/only the shadow knows in early fall?

Suppose you should save the answers until an expertly designed/photographed thread can be developed?;):(:D:D:D:D:D:D

Happy Wednesday!!!:rolleyes:o_Oo_Oo_O

Maple looking good Lance! Do you know what cultivar it is? Hoping to start a thread of the hornbeam soon. This tree is so good that if I mess it up I'll take up knitting instead!

RMJ before and after. Two months between the two pics.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looking good Bri! ;)

Arakawa maple.

Your garden has become quite nice over these last couple of years......excellent balance of the yin and the yang.......

understated yet elegant........

grand....but still intimate.....

calm....soothing.....fore the green, bubbling fountain of vigor......a warm hug amid life so turbulent.....

Since it is New Hampshire, why wouldn't we have a Surinam Cherry that's a little homely, but makes flowers and wee edible fruits.....

DSC02205.JPG

DSC02204.JPG

Top Bottom