The Tree Thread

pback

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Friend of mine had a little Fukien tea (certainly no specimen but a step or two above mallsai) that wasn’t doing well and gave to me a few months ago. This is the only “before” picture:

Got itchy fingers yesterday and decided it would look better falling out of one of my @Soldano666 pots. Here’s before the haircut:

Then cleaned it out. And the finished product:

It’s been growing in so thick and so quickly that I think I’ll stick to just clip and grow and see how it goes. Any comments/suggestions welcome.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Parrot's Beak, I got earlier this summer, severely rootbound. It lost a lot of leaves after the repot, and I thought I did too much. But, is has bounced back with lots of new, little leaves. parrots beak today.jpg

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hackberry found today covered in wooly aphids...trimmed back conciterably..6 hrs later aphids reduced by ~80%...most thoughts like this don’t work well -anomaly

Not suggesting anyone do this (work on infested tree). Will treat them tomorrow, don’t trust it’s tannins/cobra style

...looked at others, only the other hackberries have this critter presently

For such a small tree this was really bushy before cut back..the sun ain’t yellow it’s chicken -Rob Dylan

Last edited:

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

My wife and I just visited the botanical gardens in Richmond yesterday and I was admiring a full grown arakawa. It was impressive. But probably not as impressive as your bonsai.

In the process of developing a 2nd trunk on this elm to add interest to a boring tree.
2019-09-01 13.40.19.jpg

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The Richmond club is having their Fall show this weekend and I've decided to take these 3 trees. I just finished cleaning up the trunks and putting moss in the pots. Not the best moss, but it's what I could find. It will be the 1st time I've showed my trees to anyone but my family, a few friends and this forum.

2019-09-09 18.25.39.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
The Richmond club is having their Fall show this weekend and I've decided to take these 3 trees. I just finished cleaning up the trunks and putting moss in the pots. Not the best moss, but it's what I could find. It will be the 1st time I've showed my trees to anyone but my family, a few friends and this forum.

View attachment 261714
Why have you waited so long, you have some really nice trees. I especially like your crape myrtles.

Top Bottom