The Tree Thread

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Forsoothe!! You rule breaker you!! Where’s your photo?!?!
View attachment 302960
Nice forest!
This trident went into a training pot this year. In a year or two it will get a nicer glazed pot that's shallower, and the mounding will be reduced.

Attachments

• 5-13-20.jpg
    5-13-20.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 94

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
My Taxus still seems a little weak to me, its gained a little strength this season though.
all the wire came off last week, it had been on since last season, only this season the tree grew a bit and the branches set.
will feed and water it this season no pruning,
20200518_131321.jpg20200518_131408.jpg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So.. I did what @sorce considers disrespectful for those who have to grow their own stock.. I decided to buy a good pre-bonsai for a change. I realized that the only way I will have a fat trident is by buying one. These things do not thicken enough to grow out in my lifetime, in my climate. Yesterday I spend the day driving across the Netherlands to pick it up. After trimming out, removong alo ugly cuts and giving it all a once-over; Now it is a matter of 15 years working on branches and closing cuts to have a bonsai..:

acer.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have a trident that I bought from Randy Knight who started it from a seedling on a tile 20 some years ago. I got it 7 years ago, and I'm still working on just the trunk, but it had a nice base. They take lots of time! There's nothing wrong with jump starting the process by getting a nice trunk, yours looks great.
Edit: a Japanese maple that I'm developing from a seedling. In pots. Takes forever.

Attachments

• 20200519_165150.jpg
    20200519_165150.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 48

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So.. I did what @sorce considers disrespectful for those who have to grow their own stock.

You misunderstood what I said, but if it makes you buy a good tree, I guess that's good, but I definitely can't take credit for it!

Sorce

Top Bottom