The Tree Thread

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
...few years building vigor on viewer's right...cut it back hard, try harder to introduce better taper...have fun the hardest.... 😷

Beautiful pot!!!
And you just gave me a nice idea to style one of my quince, thanks!

Powder Puff (Calliandra Selloi) in a new pot by Onodera, and yours truly.
20191219_103800.jpg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A little tree I got in a trade as a straight stick. Been bending it for 3 years now, first making the top right bend. Eventually the lower left of the trunk should go to the elbow on the upper right. Taking the slow gentle route, an inch at a time.

20200408-R14A3263-181.jpg

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Having fun with this one - a tulip poplar. Its going to be a big tree - at least 4 feet. The roots have now escaped the box into the ground so I'm excited to see what it does over the next couple years. It started this year at about 6 feet tall and has put on a good 3 feet of growth so far. Guessing I may need to let it get 20 feet tall or so before the trunk is thick enough. Last fall the trunk thickened noticeably and I'm curious to see if it does the same this year. This is the 2nd year in this box and I was planning to do some root work again next year, but may leave it for another year now that the roots have escaped. Anyway, most likely a waste of time, but it's fun.

20200719_121128.jpg

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pretty unruly. Got a shot in Show form?

Tree thread, so in order to comment, thou shall post a photo of tree...not take the transgression one step further and ask for another photo that meets your approval. Your an enigma inside a riddle wrapped in a rancid burrito....

DSC00515.JPG

...show photo?
nope.gif

Raintrees should probably be displayed in a leafless state.

You have a pretty nice Hornbeam, let's see some more of that.....

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Like many of my trees, this is the first intervention this year, a chop (minor trunk), trim and added a bit of wire. It's still very much in development and, roots willing, will be transferred to a bonsai pot next season. Escallonia are a pain with their incessant crotch budding - spent a good 15 minutes getting rid of the tufty growths and buds that refuse to be rubbed off (did the same ones last year). As compensation they have good bark and red flowers.

IMG_20200721_153241.jpg

IMG_20200721_153303.jpg

Top Bottom