The Tree Thread

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
It’s been a while since I’ve posted here, things got a little too weird last year. I don’t know if I’m getting used to it or things are getting back to normal. I haven’t forgotten about my trees though. Tomorrow I work on this thing again. Crazy how much it’s grown. Gonna have a tough time with the roots. 🤦🏽‍♂️

C8094108-9CAF-458E-9ED7-74BE6AC20F98.jpeg

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here’s a neagari Pinus ponderosa var. willamettensis I’ve been tinkering with. It’s not the most impressive tree overall but it’s growing with decent health and the genetically short needles (for a ponderosa) are intriguing
653CD3B3-0937-4E13-8BA9-ED853CA7C655.jpeg

This year I gave it an upgrade from a colander to this nice Sara Rayner cascade. I gave the tree a lot of coarse soil and I’m hoping it’ll love the change.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
How about some information about the tree: What is it, how long have you had it, what are your plans?View attachment 368546

I mean, sure. You know there's a thread on it for more info :p. But for you Vance, anything...

English Elm, originally from BobbyLane and in the thread, it starts with some older pics. I've had it since November 2018, Bobby set the bones on it.
Plans, it was put in his shallow pot this Spring so Ill be keeping an eye on watering throughout the year, working on ramification and any more minor tweaks to structure.
What are the plans with your tree, you posted?

European Hornbeam #1, had it for 2 years also.

DSC_2981 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I mean, sure. You know there's a thread on it for more info :p. But for you Vance, anything...

English Elm, originally from BobbyLane and in the thread, it starts with some older pics. I've had it since November 2018, Bobby set the bones on it.
Plans, it was put in his shallow pot this Spring so Ill be keeping an eye on watering throughout the year, working on ramification and any more minor tweaks to structure.
What are the plans with your tree, you posted?

European Hornbeam #1, had it for 2 years also.

DSC_2981 by Conor Dashwood, on Flickr
Thank You very much. I was not trying to be snarky, I do not remember a previous thread on this tree understanding that for the most part I do not pay a good deal of attention to non-conifers unless they are or have become outstanding.

Hinoki Cypress: Three years from a nursery tree.
DSC_0416.JPG

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
px7dgbH.jpg
pomegranate in a tosui pot

maybe coulda gone smaller, maybe coulda scootched it to the right some more. not sure, but looking forward to developing it further. the picture is not a good one, though.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I've been wanting to do a miniature rose for some time, so here's another attempt, a red Knock Off rose. Last fall's three attempts are still mulched in, and sooner or later a stopped clock gets it right...
Knock Off red rose 041621.JPG

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
This week I went to a friends house to work on some trees and I gave him my old juniper that I was having trouble finding motivation working on, in return he gave me this tamarind. In the future I’ll pot it at this angle better. I have no weeping trees so I gladly took it.

9E9A4E04-3E7C-4051-8808-5E641C4CA0DE.jpeg

Top Bottom