The two most annoying things about this site...

Random User

Reaction score
... is the fact that when you come here, you can look at some pretty nice bonsai... we'd all like to see them in real life, touch them, feel specific parts of them, peek into the parts that we're not supposed to see, notice the odd minor flaw, and marvel at the curves, shapes, presentation and intentional seductive lighting; it's all a bit restrictive... and then, just as tantalizing, B'nut HAS go go and put those links to the Russian and Latin beauties, right where they can't be avoided!... it's dangerous I tell you... a man should never be put in a position where he might have a sharp object in his hand when something like that could pop up on the screen at any given moment... :p

I'd also argue that it is a bit discriminatory... where are the 'sausage sites" for the ladies, or the alternative sites for the alternatives?...

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
You know adverts are kinda based off your search history and cookies..
My advert right now is for the jobsite.co.uk cos I was just on it looking for a new job.
So... if you are seeing that.... well, I wouldn't like to make any assumptions ;).

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Busted! :p

It musta been because of that Putin article that I was reading where he was bragging that Russian prostitutes are the best in the world...
To let you off the hook, I have seen the Russian women ads too. And I can assure you, that is NOT related to my internet searches!!!!!

Random User

Reaction score
To let you off the hook, I have seen the Russian women ads too. And I can assure you, that is NOT related to my internet searches!!!!!

Thanks for the reassurance Carol... I thought I was loosing my mind for a while there. But it does bring up an interesting question for B'nut. (If you want to answer) Just how does this work... I mean, if all I see are the ads for the Russian women, I am only going to click through once to find a wall of questions about my demographic... obviously, I'm not going to click through again. And, because I see a lot of value in this site, I have no problem clicking through on ads, just for the hell of it, to generate revenue to support the site. I regularly dump my history on my Mac, so it might be possible that they are only throwing the Russian lady ads at me, on pure speculation... would you get more ad revenue if I put in random searches for products that I am actually interested in... like John Deere tractors, Honda Power equipment, etc, etc?

Just how does it work, and how can I maximize the click bait.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks for the reassurance Carol... I thought I was loosing my mind for a while there. But it does bring up an interesting question for B'nut. (If you want to answer) Just how does this work... I mean, if all I see are the ads for the Russian women, I am only going to click through once to find a wall of questions about my demographic... obviously, I'm not going to click through again. And, because I see a lot of value in this site, I have no problem clicking through on ads, just for the hell of it, to generate revenue to support the site. I regularly dump my history on my Mac, so it might be possible that they are only throwing the Russian lady ads at me, on pure speculation... would you get more ad revenue if I put in random searches for products that I am actually interested in... like John Deere tractors, Honda Power equipment, etc, etc?

Just how does it work, and how can I maximize the click bait.

I disabled my Adblock when going on this website, because the ads aren't intrusive and I know the forum, I speak to a lot of people and I'd like to help if I can. Some sites the adverts are terrible, for them I dont see why I should degrade my experience if they don't care enough about their community to allow such ads.

Carol is right though, it isn't only based on search history Lol. I just decided to leave that bit out in my first post.... :p.
I think it is based more off cookies than history, too. Just easier to say history, they are similar. If you cleared it all, all the ads would just be random.
I'm not actually sure how the ads work.. Whether 1 service is signed up to which streams ads to the website, which makes them so random.. I'd be interested to know, if the Admin, Bonsai Nut, wants to let us know :).
I'm an IT technician but we don't do websites :).

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I disabled my Adblock when going on this website, because the ads aren't intrusive and I know the forum, I speak to a lot of people and I'd like to help if I can. Some sites the adverts are terrible, for them I dont see why I should degrade my experience if they don't care enough about their community to allow such ads.

Carol is right though, it isn't only based on search history Lol. I just decided to leave that bit out in my first post.... :p.
I think it is based more off cookies than history, too. Just easier to say history, they are similar. If you cleared it all, all the ads would just be random.
I'm not actually sure how the ads work.. Whether 1 service is signed up to which streams ads to the website, which makes them so random.. I'd be interested to know, if the Admin, Bonsai Nut, wants to let us know :).
I'm an IT technician but we don't do websites :).
Thanks for clarifying. :eek:

Random User

Reaction score
So tonight I have the usual "Russian Hotties", "TD Bank Savings Account", and "A Law Firm" promoting Wills... I don't know about you ppl, but I'm thinking this might be a bad omen... :p

... I'll bet Carol has "Retirement Vacations", "Estate Planning", and "Powerball Winning Numbers"; just my friggin luck.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Hey now, what's this Retirement vacation, estate planning shit? I'm not THAT old! The Powerball winning numbers would be fine though.

Top Bottom