• IMG_3686.jpg
    IMG_3686.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 67

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You guys are a bunch of amateurs. In fairness to me, the boxwood grew naturally like that within a larger shrub. I just separated it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 51

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
You guys are a bunch of amateurs. In fairness to me, the boxwood grew naturally like that within a larger shrub. I just separated it.

Nice stuff- fits right in! :p

That Pine looks like it might have some potential one day though, just needs to grow out.. Like a lot! I have been pretty slack posting more pics of my ugly stuff... A Buddy of mine gave me some trees recently that DEFINITELY do not belong in this thread, and I have spent most my time working on them...

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have lots that will beat (uglier than) all these posted trees. :rolleyes: (not proud either)

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have lots that will beat (uglier than) all these posted trees. :rolleyes: (not proud either)

No shame...I just think it's informative about how to conquer flaws that every tree has. Too many people think the cool trees just come that way.

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice, big trunk- but a funky structure for sure... Is that... A Trident?
Nope, not a Trident. Some other sort of landscape variety that was collected by a past president of PBA around here about 20 yrs ago. Leaves dont really reduce and internodes are as long as your arm. But I got it at an auction years ago when he passed. It has a decent base. I put it in the ground several years ago to regain some vigor and just put it in a box with pumice and akadama. We'll see.

Last edited:

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
No shame...I just think it's informative about how to conquer flaws that every tree has. Too many people think the cool trees just come that way.

So true. I think it's a shame when beginners are afraid to post trees for fear of the material not being pretty enough. Sure it sucks a bit to have your bubble burst but people need to realize they will be better for it. I have ugly trees and through the forum I came to learn why they are ugly, how to fix try and fix them and how to find trees with better potential so I don't duplicate mistakes. I like to think now any ugly tree I acquire was free or cost next to nothing and was more for just to mess around and try things on.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Nope, not a Trident. Some other sort of landscape variety that was collected by a past president of PBA around here about 20 yrs ago. Leaves dont really reduce and internodes are as long as your arm. But I got it at an auction years ago when he passed. It has a decent base. I put it in the ground several years ago to regain some vigor and just put it in a box with pumice and akadama. We'll see.

Well good luck!

Lizardfeathers

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ugly tree...

Hello everyone!

Here is a young Mulberry bonsai. The picture is from last summer and, as a beginner, I hope he survived the incredibly harsh Indiana winter this past season...

I call it "Cascade on a Stick":rolleyes:

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I know there are more ugly trees out there than what we have seen here so far! I am rejuvenating this thread to add a few more of my own when I get home!

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How about these from my past....

Who the Hell ever heard of an elm tanuki? Now you have. These are scans of the pictures, I can't believe I wasted the money on film and developing.

elm50002.JPG

juniper50001.JPG

tanuki10002.JPG

tanuki20001.JPG

Reaction score
Ooo a thread I can actively participate in hahaha heres my ugly s shaped tree :) Chinese elm......

image.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Top Bottom