The Vin Tree

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I cannot thank @Vin enough for the incredible packing job he did on the tree I bought from him.

It arrived in a printer box, which threw me off until I saw his name. Let's take a peek inside the box:
20170413_154052.jpg

A few Ficus leaves poking through a bunch of packing peanuts, surrounded by, what's this? A wooden frame. Interesting. Out it came:
20170413_155315.jpg

Man oh man was the tree secured to the frame:
20170413_155335.jpg

I cut the wires, unwrapped the plastic wrap from the tree, then unwrapped the plastic bag which was wrapped around the pot, the unwrapped the wet material that kept the soil moist.

This is what we wound up with:
20170413_160313.jpg

This beautiful Ficus, which I plan on potting at this angle in the near future:
20170413_164459.jpg

Thanks for a great tree and a phenomenal packing job @Vin!

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I've been told I don't really work on my trees, I'm only a "collector", so I'm hoping to make this one an example of my love for Ficus. It's got great potential and I can't wait to get to work on it.

Your packing was the best I've ever seen. You went above and beyond and I hope others see this when you're looking to sell some more!

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I've been told I don't really work on my trees, I'm only a "collector", so I'm hoping to make this one an example of my love for Ficus. It's got great potential and I can't wait to get to work on it.

Your packing was the best I've ever seen. You went above and beyond and I hope others see this when you're looking to sell some more!
If I believed you were only a collector I wouldn't have sold you the tree. I appreciate your complement on my packing. When I received this tree it was not packed all that well and the pot split in half during shipping. It is kind of heavy for a tree this size between the tree, soil and pot. I'm sure I have early photos of the tree if you want me to email them to you or just post them.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Here are a couple images of the tree from around August or September 2014 as I received it (except for the pot):

Ficus Retusa.jpg

EDIT: This one is one year later July 26,2015

Ficus Retusa2.jpg

Last edited:

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I vacillated back and forth the entire time I had it. The base is better on this side but you would have to rework the apex.

There's that, and there's also the root jutting towards you with this front. Your original front is a great choice, but it's a little one dimensional. This side gives a better sense of depth, but the whole apex thing is almost not even worth it.

Top Bottom