The wife....

Morax

Yamadori
Reaction score
Went to local, i donno what ya call it store, but they had some pre bonsai. She brought em home.. took My glue gun to glue some lil lights in. And..

Attachments

• 20190221_103948.jpg
    20190221_103948.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 117
  • 20190221_105154.jpg
    20190221_105154.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 116

bonsaidave

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
That is quite the " i donno what ya call it " indeed. It does look like a good way to bang your head.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It’s a nice tree.
Where are you located???
Please do some quick research on it.
It will likely die inside. Unless you have a 3 season patio or something similar.

Morax

Yamadori
Reaction score
Located in Pittsburgh area Pennsylvania. Yeah i figure the thing would die off, but she is happy and leaving me alone so ????

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It's a neat concept and a cute setup but that's not a great tree species to try it with. Like most said that juniper will suffer in that environment. Ive seen people be successful with a setup like that using Norfolk island pine, though you'd want to hang the terrarium in a South facing window for light needs.

Morax

Yamadori
Reaction score
She might not be as happy when that dead tree ignites under that hot light in a couple of days. Hope the smoke detectors are working...
What hot light? You mean the battery operated leds?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What hot light? You mean the battery operated leds?
yeah, I meant the "you didn't really say they were LED" lights...
The light might not be enough to catch the tree on fire, but they provide enough light to see what's inside the lantern...which, um, can't be unseen...To each his own...

good luck.

Morax

Yamadori
Reaction score
The wife? No... and neither is the lantern or the pot the thing is in. It's just sitting in the lantern can be pulled out or watered through door or the top is open air.

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Why not use a fake plastic one? Lots of benefits :

Won't need watering or pruning
Impossible to kill
Can't really be distinguish between a real & a fake one in the lantern
You will save a real tree from death

Good luck!

Morax

Yamadori
Reaction score
At only 5'3" she is about size of garden gnome... i told her to go with plastic one, her reply is she was going to, just wanted to see what it looked like... i also told her go with air plants.... so she is deciding... maybe next month she will have decided? ?

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The wife? No... and neither is the lantern or the pot the thing is in. It's just sitting in the lantern can be pulled out or watered through door or the top is open air.
You won't need ro water it... just saying

Top Bottom