The word is - Simplification ---- and preparing to leave.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well folks, you know all we are looking for is a very specific marker for the J.B.pine and
the exploration of Bonsai is over.

Thus far - Bonsai was divided into

[1] Health

[2] Design

Health is basically,

[a] Ground Grow for trunk and root placement plus 6 to 8 branches, depending on how many times
you have done this, you can more or less predict the time for a tree to be in the ground.
When we teach, we suggest at least 20 efforts of the same tree.

It is the willingness to practice on many trees [ might be more efficient to choose one tree type?]
That makes the difference.

In actual fact only the J.B,pine is really any different, our Pinus Caribbea/Honduran grows like
a normal tree.

[ b ] Pot grow for refinement and learning how to water, when to fertilise.

Design - preferred training technique - Grow and clip.
Which shapes more naturally. Essentially a tropical zone technique.

With what we do, drawings are used.

AND THAT IS IT.

The books basically slowed everything down, too much non information.

Anyhow, with the above, we are pleased to say Bonsai is finished as exploration goes.

So I will be leaving the Internet, as soon as we figure out the J.B.pine.

I have tried to leave enough information for the Newbies, so they don't end up frustrated.
There is enough of that in life already.
Bonsai is essentially very simple, just needs to be returned to that state information wise.
Wishing you all well.
Good Day
Anthony

* No I am not gone yet, wanted to show a few more tree efforts.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
These guys are always talking about leaving forums. His uncle (cousin, nephew, I can't ever keep them straight) made a similar pronouncement a month or two ago on IBC, but has been posting more than ever since.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Guys,

it is not arrogance, just stating facts, K is hitting 35 years in Bonsai, hopefully he has learnt. I just came here to
help find out about the J.B.pine. Adair is called Sifu, because he was willing to teach what he knew and experienced,
but he does not live in a Tropical zone and we have oddities popping up.

Australia [ Ausbonsai ] has also been helping out, they also have a long growing season. Where do you think we learnt
how to grow J.B.pine cuttings, no need for chance with seeds anymore. We have home stock.

Chris,
K was asked to stay on by his old IBC friends privately. He stayed as long as he could and offered to return later in the year.
He has been on IBC since 98, when it was a list.
Hope that clears up matters.
Good Day
Anthony

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@darlene Cadillactaste,

leaving the Internet, but all you have to do is send me a p.m with a telephone number, US and Honduras,
and I am only a vonage call away.

I am also planning an image fest for you.
Stay tuned.
Good Day'
Anthony

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@darlene Cadillactaste,

leaving the Internet, but all you have to do is send me a p.m with a telephone number, US and Honduras,
and I am only a vonage call away.

I am also planning an image fest for you.
Stay tuned.
Good Day'
Anthony
When in Honduras we have no communication to the outside world. But, I may drop you a line sometime.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Well folks, you know all we are looking for is a very specific marker for the J.B.pine and
the exploration of Bonsai is over.

Thus far - Bonsai was divided into

[1] Health

[2] Design

Health is basically,

[a] Ground Grow for trunk and root placement plus 6 to 8 branches, depending on how many times
you have done this, you can more or less predict the time for a tree to be in the ground.
When we teach, we suggest at least 20 efforts of the same tree.

It is the willingness to practice on many trees [ might be more efficient to choose one tree type?]
That makes the difference.

In actual fact only the J.B,pine is really any different, our Pinus Caribbea/Honduran grows like
a normal tree.

[ b ] Pot grow for refinement and learning how to water, when to fertilise.

Design - preferred training technique - Grow and clip.
Which shapes more naturally. Essentially a tropical zone technique.

With what we do, drawings are used.

AND THAT IS IT.

The books basically slowed everything down, too much non information.

Anyhow, with the above, we are pleased to say Bonsai is finished as exploration goes.

So I will be leaving the Internet, as soon as we figure out the J.B.pine.

I have tried to leave enough information for the Newbies, so they don't end up frustrated.
There is enough of that in life already.
Bonsai is essentially very simple, just needs to be returned to that state information wise.
Wishing you all well.
Good Day
Anthony

* No I am not gone yet, wanted to show a few more tree efforts.
Are you aware that the patent office was going to close down right before the invention of the Air Plane under the erronious assumption that everythiong that could be invented had been invented? It seems to me you are being a bit arrogant to assume that you have totally mastered bonsai and all of its nuances and as soon as you figure out JBP you are gone, as though we are all sitting around to view this epiphany first hand. I have been working on Mugo Pines for more than forty years and every year I learn something new about them. Every year I learn that I may have been doing something wrong here, and confirm that I am doing something right over there. You can do what you want but you should consider you may be deluding yourself.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I just gotta say I am honored that you have graced us with your presence. I have never in my life had the privilege of associating with a person who knew everything about anything. I truly stand in awe. *removes tongue from cheek and chuckles*

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Apparently, back in the day, the anesthetic technique of choice was either the consumption of a toxic dose of alcohol or being brained by a large hammer. I'm both professionally and personally thankful for those that continued the search for better, more effective methods;).

Last edited:

Geo

Chumono
Reaction score
Todos Santos,Baja Sur Elev56M 23.46N 110.24W
USDA Zone
11+
These guys are always talking about leaving forums. His uncle (cousin, nephew, I can't ever keep them straight) made a similar pronouncement a month or two ago on IBC, but has been posting more than ever since.
You are talking about Khaimraj on IBC.He is an artist of considerable standing as well as a bonsai practitioner with decades of experience.Maybe you can keep that straight.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
You are talking about Khaimraj on IBC.He is an artist of considerable standing as well as a bonsai practitioner with decades of experience.Maybe you can keep that straight.
Yes I know, and I like the guy. I don't believe I said anything to him that I would not have said to anyone else with whom I cared about and felt they were mistaken.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Quite the smart-ass reply! I knew his name but can never remember the relationship. Regardless of his "considerable standing" (which he is more than happy to tell everyone about, over and over), he made the same pronouncement on the forum and is still there. People do this all the time, the "dramatic exit" except they never actually leave (or they come back...almost everyone does).

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Anthony, I was under the impression that you watered trees, sifted soil and cleaned the bathrooms? What exactly does this K guy have to do with you and this simplification of bonsai processes?

Top Bottom