The word is - Simplification ---- and preparing to leave.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Now whos gonna help me with my barbados cherry??? It will surely perish!

But more seriously, if you do leave, you will be seriously missed. You are one of the most generous, knowledgeable members that frequent here.

Its bad enough here as it is.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Just my opinion and probably not worth a great deal in the way some think about Junipers, but; I think you may have reduced down the top of the tree too much, without reducing the roots to follow. You may have put your tree into a situation where what remains of the top is not sufficient enough to support a much larger root system trying to pull energy from the top of the tree that no longer exists. It may not make a difference in this case but I have seen it where it did. What I believe will happen is that the roots are going to put in an order for support and the top will not be able to respond. Roots will then start to randomly die and cause root rot which will in turn infect active and viable roots causing the tree to decline and die over the course of a year. JMHO.

Geo

Chumono
Reaction score
Todos Santos,Baja Sur Elev56M 23.46N 110.24W
USDA Zone
11+
You may have put your tree into a situation where what remains of the top is not sufficient enough to support a much larger root system trying to pull energy from the top of the tree that no longer exists.

Something we all must remember.But I think you posted your comments in the wrong thread.Check it perhaps?

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Now whos gonna help me with my barbados cherry??? It will surely perish!

But more seriously, if you do leave, you will be seriously missed. You are one of the most generous, knowledgeable members that frequent here.

Its bad enough here as it is.
What do you mean Its bad enough here as it is???? Find another place on the INTERNET that is half as active as this one, with enough knowledge that answer most questions? I know it seems that peoplelike to think every body is so mean and nasty around here that they don't like to come here. Why is that? ---- and prove it.

carp

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Lmfao the only activity here is daily flaming at every opportunity

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
hmmm, seems like I posted updates on at least 10 trees today...
Hey, so did I! ...ok, over the last few weeks, but still...;). It was difficult actually, posting all those updates to all those progressions...all I really want to do is flame someone on a daily basis.

Top Bottom