These Stone Age Pots to list soon.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had planned on keeping these 3 bowl shaped pots, but have decided to list them. I have plenty of time later this winter to build my inventory. As you who have looked know, I have always included shipping in my price. Well after some absolutely horrendous postal charges I am going to have to change things a bit. I am not complaining, it is just the way things are. It is almost as though the shippers have waged war with the public.

Example, I sent two packages to Missouri recently. They were the same size, 18 x 18 x 9 inches. Two different addresses but same state. First one shipped for about $44 on a Tuesday. Friday of the same week the Post Office wanted $70 to ship the other and could offer no explanation other than "that's what it comes to". So I to it to FEDEX and it was $44. So then I am happy thinking I found a cheaper shipper. The next week I take a smaller box, about 12 x 16 x 12 to FEDEX that was shipping to Washington. It was $70 to ship a pot that sold for $95 with shipping included.

Henceforth I will just list a pot with a price for the pot alone. Interested parties will have to ask about shipping. I Really hate to do this .... I like things simple. But obviously based upon recent experiences, I have no choice.

IMG_6003.JPG

I would like to add how very grateful I am to every one of you that has purchased a pot from me or responded in a positive manner.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I REEEEEEEALLY like the relationship between the high-points and low points on the outside of that dark one... the reason I had to specify.. is because I ALSO love the contrast between the outside AND inside of that piece, as well.

My eyes go to these things, every view.

Fantastic work!

(I also agree that you could definitely charge more... I think the previously stated example is PERFECT.. while STILL erring to the consumer monetarily.)

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wish I had bought one or two of your previous listings w/shipping included. Great pots at great prices. I'll need a few come spring, but I'm hording money for Cmas for 6 gkids and then a winter in Florida.
I make a boat product I ship worldwide and include shipping. (sm flat rate box) I did just take a hit on international shipping. Went from 27 to 35.
Stick with USPS Flat rate boxes. I ship a lot that way.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Stick with USPS Flat rate boxes. I ship a lot that way.
Almost nothing I make fits in even the largest flat rate box. It is also too shallow to cushion properly.
I guess I will be making a lot of smaller pots.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Right NOW... a priority box with a small pot cost me 9 dollars(ish) to ship to MN.. the state over.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Right NOW... a priority box with a small pot cost me 9 dollars(ish) to ship to MN.. the state over.
Or anywhere within the USA. I remember when that same box cost $3.35 to ship. It wasn't that many years ago.

Gran_Puma

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I love the pot that I just purchased. You definitely should be charging for the pot and shipping separately. The pot in the right background looks very interesting, almost like you turned/carved it from an old piece of burl.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Try pirateship.com
Thanks Rob. I friend of mine just mentioned that, but he mentions a lot of things. From you it means more. I am dumb as a rock with computer things but when my wife has the time I will have her look into it. I am not sure my old computer can handle it.
BTW, I love the pots I got from you. The one with an inside and outside planting area is going to have Kingsville Boxwood in it in the spring. The large one that looks like layered rock is my favorite but I haven't decided if any of my plants deserve it yet. I would love to have a gnarly old pine in it.

Please post your website. I have forgotten it and others should experience your pots.

Top Bottom