Thieves!

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
So I loaned my trailer to my brothers so they can take some of my trees to Florida. Yesterday some &^%&^%$&*^&)(*&)T(&*^^%E#^&^ one cut the lock and the cable and stole the trailer. It was a nice 12 ft trailer with full size ramp too. Dang it!

Thievery is rampant in the US. Never thought it would become this bad here in this country. I remember a few decades back, I used to leave everything out in the yard and never lost anything. The only time people will pick things up was when I put them out to the curb next to my garbage can. Soon every house is going to be a fortress with security camera and automatic deployment of surveillance drones.

Last edited:

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
So I loaned my trailer to my brothers so they can take some of my trees to Florida. Yesterday some &^%&^%$&*^&)(*&)T(&*^^%E#^&^ one cut the lock and the cable and stole the trailer. It was a nice 12 ft trailer with full size ramp too. Dang it!

Thievery is rampant in the US. Never thought it would become this bad here in this country. I remember a few decades back, I used to leave everything out in the yard and never lost anything. The only time people will pick things up was when I put them out to the curb next to my garbage can. Soon every house is going to be a fortress with security camera and automatic deployment of surveillance drones.
wild and sorry for your loss, trailers like that are nice and that is a shame.

its getting bad out there for sure with what is being condemned vs what is being permitted

prob why someone i know just got a crispy 38 special

noticed this a few weeks ago too. records. by women

1634041966759.png

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bogus.

Sorce

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Geesh, that sucks. Hope they find the trailer and catch the thieves.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
More of the same.
Sad to watch the collapse of the Republic.
Funny to think that some people still think this isn't a growing problem nationwide....well it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

The 3rd Wolrd-ization of America.
You'll own nothing and like it.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
More of the same.
Sad to watch the collapse of the Republic.
Funny to think that some people still think this isn't a growing problem nationwide....well it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

The 3rd Wolrd-ization of America.
You'll own nothing and like it.
even worse, your efforts are in many ways funding it!!

bout to join the gravy train and go enjoy the fn beach more (jp, against my makeup, in office now)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I’d like to get in here, quick before the thread exPLODES, to say, I’m truly, very sorry... that’s aweful!

*manly-style hug*

🤓

I wonder how many threads we need to watch the same people explode in the same exact way every time

I guess I now understand why people have PM'd me telling me that many folks with a strong interest in bonsai have abandoned the site to folks with tens of thousands of posts and apparently no trees

I'm very sorry for your loss and hope it is recovered.

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

For some reason, people always think crime is increasing when the opposite is actually true. It's a weird phenomenon that applies to any crime.

1634052479604.png

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I wonder how many threads we need to watch the same people explode in the same exact way every time

I guess I now understand why people have PM'd me telling me that many folks with a strong interest in bonsai have abandoned the site to folks with tens of thousands of posts and apparently no trees

I'm very sorry for your loss and hope it is recovered.
Well right now I just make sure that the police report is in so that if anything happens with that trailer I will not be sued. It's gone in my mind.
As for this site, I hope I am the one with trees. Poor trees but trees in development nonetheless. If anything I am willing to serve as the one with bad examples.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
For some reason, people always think crime is increasing when the opposite is actually true. It's a weird phenomenon that applies to any crime.

View attachment 402599
Statistics must be true. :)
With the so many losses of Amazon delivery boxes I myself have suffered (some of which I actually have videos) and then watching my neighbors losing their tools, their trailers, and my trailer as well make the experience so personal that I feel it is rampant.
News like this didn't help our feeling either. How many of the 1.7 million packages lost per day wind up in the FBI property crime database? I call the local police when I lost several of mine and they told me don't bother. If the one in three persons lost a package then that property crime rate chart is going through the roof.
1634054789741.png

Last edited:

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Statistics must be true. :)
With the so many losses of Amazon delivery boxes I myself have suffered (some of which I actually have videos) and then watching my neighbors losing their tools, their trailers, and my trailer as well make the experience so personal that I feel it is rampant.
News like this didn't help our feeling either. How many of the 1.7 million packages lost per day wind up in the FBI property crime database?
View attachment 402619
By the way, I didn't intend to diminish your personal experience. Very sorry to hear about that!

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
By the way, I didn't intend to diminish your personal experience. Very sorry to hear about that!
I don't take your comment as anything negative so no worries. As a guy who make a living dealing with statistics for safety and risk management, I know well the pit falls of statistics. I also understand how personal experiences can skew the perspective of the whole. Same with availability of data, when we don't have data we often assume all is well. That could very well be with us when we think of the "good ole days" or the property crime rate without the package losses.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
State's Attorneys and police brass have a way of messing with crime numbers.

Want less car thefts to exist? Downgrade it to trespassing to motor vehicle.

Want less assault? Call it disorderly conduct.

Want felony theft to go away? Just call it misdemeanor theft.

The real pickle is murder, though. Can't re-define a corpse. Also, medical responses to trauma are always improving.

Many aggravated batteries of today would have been murders in the past. If you were shot 100 years ago, you were probably toast.

Wulfskaar

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
When I was a kid, we moved from CA to KS. One of the main reasons was to get away from crime.

Within a month of being there, our house was ransacked and robbed.

Thieving bastards have always been around and sadly, will always be around.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I live in a neighborhood full of thieves, a rare thing in this country.
A few drive by shooting every ten years or so.

But the fun part is, we can leave the doors unlocked. They don't want any police here, because police is bad. So they do their crimes elsewhere, stash their goods elsewhere, and they keep an eye out for each other. Gentlemen agreement.

But these dudes are getting old. The youngins want easy money and don't care.

Top Bottom