Things I should have know but never thought about....

coachspinks

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have a 12' x 12' half of a shed I call my Bonsai shop. I keep all my supplies in there and I have two work benches as well. With plenty of shelving and pegboard it is a nice set up and a great place to work. I call it a shop and not a studio because a studio would imply artistic ability not evident. After today I'm not sure common sense is evident either. The shop is weather tight but is only heated when I turn on a small space heater. School started back last week so today was my first time back in the shop for a while. We recently had a couple of nights into the mid 20's. Well, I should have thought about what might happen under the circumstances. Almost any liquid that freezes and thaws is liable to split it's container and spill out. 1 guess as to what I didn't think of.....a clue, I am now airing the shop out!

coachspinks

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Ooooooo......no bueno.
I went out to clean out the rest of the shop. Our house is in a continuous state of remodeling/redecorating and we do 90% of the work ourselves. The other half of the shop is where we store a lot of stuff dedicated towards those endeavors. It was like a wall when I walked in.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Yes, never do what I did!

Thankfully it shouldn't get that cold here but it's certainly something to keep in mind.
I actually used some yesterday and this morning went to put my jumper on had to put it in the wash as it stank of it.

I don't mind the smell really but could imagine a big dose of it in a sealed room would be overwhelming.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I ave a small crate with stuff that should not freeze in my workshop. I bring it in in late-fall when the first frost pops around. It is in the basement till spring.

I *think* limesulphur crystallizes when it gets cold too. In any case.. My previous flask was full of crystals. THe current one I kept warm and did not have that problem..

Top Bottom