Think I killed my Bullhorn acacia

Reaction score
My wife and I purchased our first bonsai this summer, a Bullhorn acacia. I stay home with our newborn so I was the main one taking care of the bonsai. We live in Chicago area so it’s starting to get cold. When I brought the plant inside I noticed after several days weird looking leaves, and ultimately found bugs. I purchased an oil spray from my bonsai shop to spray the plant with. I put the plant outside to spray and forgot to bring it inside after the spray dried. It frosted that night. Didn’t realize until the morning. Immediately brought the tree inside. It’s been several days now. All the leaves are dried up and basically dead. Still green but dry. The branches and some of the horns that were green show signs of shriveling up. Really worried I killed this tree, my wife will be crushed. Anything I can do or anything I should be doing? Can I save the tree?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Pictures would help. I have a rabbit's foot acacia that has seen a few frosts. Reason being it looks like crap and haven't decided if it warrants a place inside for the winter.

Top Bottom