Thinking Of changing to Miracle-gro

rhawes

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Does anybody know if you need to use the tree and shrub formula or can you use the performance one for plants? thinking of changing from dyna- gro and decided against compost tea too. Thanks.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Can you get specific about the product? I did a quick search and couldn't find a "performance" fertilizer... other than an amended organic garden soil(?)

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I use the general miracle grow in rotation with others with good results. Its the typical all purpose gardening fertilizer like you would use for tomatoes etc.

I say use both organic and inorganic. Organic provides the continuous release while the inorganic provides NPK in much higher amounts than the organic can. Organic also helps to maintain good soil microbes.

rhawes

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Can you get specific about the product? I did a quick search and couldn't find a "performance" fertilizer... other than an amended organic garden soil(?)
I just googled it it is for plants and it is named miracle-gro performance fertilizer.

canoeguide

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I see no reason not to use the plain, old fashioned blue juice crystals Miracle-Gro, with exceptions maybe for using the acid-loving formula for those species. The "tree and shrub" stuff is just packaged in a large spike form for pushing into the soil outdoors, as far as I can tell.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The last half of your statement seemed to indicate that compost tea is also a fert, not so. It adds lots of microbes and is helpful for the health of the media you use, but has negligible, if any NP&K or micro elements. Use it if you got it. Plain old Miracle Grow is just fine, as is Miracid and any commercial copycats are OK, too. If your water is hard or extra hard, you can probably just use the acid lover on everything except lime haters, of which I can't think of one. Someone will help here...

rhawes

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I just googled it it is for plants and it is named miracle-gro performance fertilizer.
Miracle gro performance organics and they do also have a soil but their is a fertilizer and several different ones at that.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Miracle gro performance organics

Just like the different ones for "flowers" and "tomatoes", and blah blah blah are marketing, so is this new "organic" line.

Wait and buy it next year when it is "new and improved".

Switching ferts won't help the greenhouse situation. What gives there? Pics!

I don't want you to waste years changing everything except what needs changing.

Sorce

Top Bottom