...thinking of cloning this red pine

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
Looks a little past the expiration date to me.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
The bark and Fall foliage are superbly red which is very unusual for pines.
What yall think? Should I give it a try?
View attachment 461649
Just chop it to 2 ft from the ground. It will back bud just fine. You can do Niwaki on the tree afterward.
Oh! You may want to do a couple dozen hardwood cuttings too. It's not easy to find a pine with autumn color. :D

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have seen a lot of these genetic anomalies. They are frequently found under power lines in very rural areas. Also occasionally found near large plantings of GMO corn.

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
We've had lots of these rare pines pop up this year. What's really interesting is seeing a clump/grove/planting of several (i.e. same conditions), while only one will exhibit this behavior.

Taste

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
We've had lots of these rare pines pop up this year. What's really interesting is seeing a clump/grove/planting of several (i.e. same conditions), while only one will exhibit this behavior.
not sure death is rare

Taste

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
but damn it would be cool if pines went red for autumn, ill bring that up at the next world planning meeting with overlord ozurk, creator of not only rainbow JM seeds, but also pottery with glazed interiors and no drainage holes. surely hes our man!

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
To be honest with the stuff freuqently posted on bnut, i cant tell when some people are being sarcastic. as sorce would say. welcome to crazy
I'll grow one of those neon blue maples yet!
That will be my next project as soon as I get my rainbow eucalyptus bonsai done.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

Arnold

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
His name is in the link... Peter Tea.
Yes I know im not talking about him, im talking about the japanese that developed that technique originaly, I dont remember if was a master from the takamatsu area or other

Top Bottom