This is Not a Contest Contest entry! My bare-bones ugly Juniper bois!

Mashu

Sapling
Reaction score
Being new to bonsai, I am looking to have a lot of material to work on and also to not kill most of the things I have! This are my ugly bois! Any shitty comments are welcome, my main goal here is to keep this alive and to also make them not ugly one day!
20180402_161835.jpg

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
?wire them
look like they’re stuck in jazz hands at end of a number, excited like.
wish they had more of a -damn, shits bleak and rough up here, but at least our combined root system keeps us from blowing off this mountain pass.

some r. neil critique I saw on the tube, he discussed expressing this mother-child association within very different distinct parts of a single tree..maybe try to depict something similar with these two? they the sameish height, so maybe aged siblings or lovers with their own personal struggles

damn..

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
look like they’re stuck in jazz hands at end of a number, excited like.

Love this!

Tree ain't bad either.

For me everything worth keeping up in here.2018-04-15-21-00-40.jpg

Trouble is...(beside too much cut off already)

The shorter thicker trunk is more dense with foliage now, which is going to make it thicker.

You have to live with this difficulty now for health. But when the tops begin to show sustainable growth, the first next removal should be on of those low right branches..maybe early as summer, could be late as 2 years from now.

But going up removing a branch every year or so...balancing both...
I think you have a righteous future up there..

Of course that's me working with the trunks as is like I like...
You could bend the shit out of em too!

But I really like how gracefull they shoot up now.

Slow game!

Sorce

Top Bottom