Reaction score
USDA Zone
Beautiful!

sikadelic

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Looking good!! I am jealous of your blooms. Everything is still moving a little slow up here.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Nice! Iris are great accents.

A friend of mine gave me some dwarf Siberian iris a while ago. Flowers are a third to a quarter the size of regular iris and a third as tall.
The dwarf irises in the first photo were collected years ago along the Appalachian trail by a friend who works for the park services. Apparently, they grow so thick along certain paths that they need to be routinely thinned. He was allowed to take a few of the culls once and I ended up with a few that really thrive in pot culture. If left to their own devices, they overtake the pot in 2-3 years. Same thing with the Japanese irises in the second set of photos.

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The dwarf irises in the first photo were collected years ago along the Appalachian trail by a friend who works for the park services. Apparently, they grow so thick along certain paths that they need to be routinely thinned. He was allowed to take a few of the culls once and I ended up with a few that really thrive in pot culture. If left to their own devices, they overtake the pot in 2-3 years. Same thing with the Japanese irises in the second set of photos.
I was just up in n Georgia for spring break and those iris were beginning to sprout up everywhere. Beautiful!

Top Bottom