This really blew my mind.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I seen an ad for preserved Bonsai? These were supposedly real Bonsai plants that had been dipped or coated with a preservative that would kill them but keep them in the same state as when they were treated forever, assumedly. What the hell? Why would you want to kill a thing of beauty, it would be like having your favorite dog killed in its prime and taxidermied so you can forever enjoy it in its best form. Why not just buy a silk tree and style it like a PINE, (just for Angl3flr) or take a picture and print it out. Makes me wish I had dear old grandma preserved....

ed

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Man B-nut that is truly sick! I wonder if this business was started by Norman Bates after his release?

ed

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Artificial "Ming trees" trace back to the 1950's in the U.S. This is not really a "sick" alternative, but rather can be seen as a "humane" alternative for people that want a bonsai as a piece of interior decor, rather than a living plant with responsibilities. A fake or preserved tree can save the lives of dozens of misplaced bonsai indoors :D

donkey

Mame
Reaction score
that's 2 of the funniest things i have seen all week;):confused: but they both leave me with one reaction why ????

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Anyone seen my frozen head, said the dead frozen ex ball player.

Why, the answer may come from the salesmen - There is an ass for every seat. Maybe Barnum had it right, sucker.

Mike423

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Man B-Nut that is sick (funny until you think about it then its sick), why would anyone want to deface the memory of a pet they love by getting him/her stuffed like that. I like how some one even took it a step further and put headphones and shades on their dog. To tell you the truth it actually kind of makes me angry, and secondly what kind of weirdo would display a dead pet. 'Hey there's fluffy he was a good pet"

On another note I have seen some preserved bonsai. They look like the animals, which seem real at a glance but after actually looking at it they have that artificial look. I think the TV show 'how its made' had an episode on how they make them if anyone feels like searching for it. They can cost thousands of dollars as well.

Not the how its made segment but here's someone making one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT7kYpx9afU

Last edited:
Top Bottom