This shouldn't happen...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Devistating...a week ago today a 14 year old boy went missing...search effort went out. Then, it turned into a criminal investigation. His body was found yesterday day morning in a shallow grave. This is a small rural community. We know everyone. We also know the person of interest...now, it's up in the air if he had help. Sickening...my mind can't grasp it.
The update of letting the community the child was located.

Bonsaidoorguy

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I don't come to this forum to see posts like this. This is a terrible tragedy and I hope the perpetrators are punished to the full extent of the law. I couldn't imagine losing a child. That being said, how is this bonsai related? If I want the news I go to a news source. When I want to think bonsai, I come here.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I don't come to this forum to see posts like this. This is a terrible tragedy and I hope the perpetrators are punished to the full extent of the law. I couldn't imagine losing a child. That being said, how is this bonsai related? If I want the news I go to a news source. When I want to think bonsai, I come here.
This is the Tea House...off topic. I consider my second family when I come here. So... yeah, I am devistated...this happens in other towns. Not mine. I wished to share with my family. Been here a long time.

Bonsaidoorguy

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
This is the Tea House...off topic. I consider my second family when I come here. So... yeah, I am devistated...this happens in other towns. Not mine. I wished to share with my family. Been here a long time.
I apologize. I didn't realize I was in an off topic area.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This kind of stuff happens everywhere.
You just never hear about it that often.
There is even a book about my county about 2 off duty police officers from downstate that came up missing.
There is like 3000 people in the whole county.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This kind of stuff happens everywhere.
You just never hear about it that often.
There is even a book about my county about 2 off duty police officers from downstate that came up missing.
There is like 3000 people in the whole county.

Since that area is like my 2nd home I think I know what you're talking about Mike. Was the the case from many years ago that involved some pigs? If so I never read the book but I remember hearing about it. That was just unreal.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Seen one on social media...making excuses. By saying...Accidents happen on farms and around large animals. ?...the autopsy isn't even in yet...no one should speculate. But...last time I checked...you call 911 when there is an accident. Not bury the body in a shallow grave...and allow a community of over 400 gather to search. Which is the count the sheriff had on their sign in logs. Mind boggling one would even attempt to rationalize this nightmare as they did.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Since that area is like my 2nd home I think I know what you're talking about Mike. Was the the case from many years ago that involved some pigs? If so I never read the book but I remember hearing about it. That was just unreal.
Yep. Supposedly the DuValls fed them to the pigs.

Lazylightningny

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Darlene, I don't know what's happening in this country. Years ago, things like this would have been talked about for years. Now, it's a news sound bite for a day or two, then forgotten. Sadly, it happens too often, and we are becoming inured to the violence.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Darlene, I don't know what's happening in this country. Years ago, things like this would have been talked about for years. Now, it's a news sound bite for a day or two, then forgotten. Sadly, it happens too often, and we are becoming inured to the violence.
You are so right...it's like we are conditioned to it. I'm just glad the child's body was found. We had a missing persons in a few towns over... evidence of foul play ..and never a body. I feel for that family too. She was older...and had a violent husband. It's like...ones shrugged their shoulders. And she was forgotten. Because of the circumstances she allowed herself to be in. It's a shame...but possibly because social media shows so much more.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Devistating...a week ago today a 14 year old boy went missing...search effort went out. Then, it turned into a criminal investigation. His body was found yesterday day morning in a shallow grave. This is a small rural community. We know everyone. We also know the person of interest...now, it's up in the air if he had help. Sickening...my mind can't grasp it.
The update of letting the community the child was located.
I hope that justice will be served rightly and swiftly. As old as I am and as many tragedies as I've seen, still things like this never fails to make me sad.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I hope that justice will be served rightly and swiftly. As old as I am and as many tragedies as I've seen, still things like this never fails to make me sad.
Thank you... a Navy Seal search team offered to help in the search. Their knowledge help in recovery of the body. Which I am so grateful for. With it hopefully will come answers. And justice served.
http://www.wfmj.com/clip/14808827/c...rescue-team-helps-locate-body-of-missing-teen

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
that missing 5 year old story in Illinois is terrible too, and getting worse as more information gets out.

This a couple towns over from me.

Still wondering how the mom had custody of the kid?

Nanuk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
that missing 5 year old story in Illinois is terrible too, and getting worse as more information gets out.

Is that the one the news is reporting that the parents were arrested today?

So many of these lately I can't keep them straight.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A

Aye, man.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The boys memorial was yesterday. I think it was wise to do it before the autopsy report was in. Less talk of facts...and only celebrating the life of a child gone too soon. It's a small town where everyone knows your name...one traffic light,no food chains. Very rural setting... this is the town known for TP'ing the town over Halloween. White streamers if you will. Those who decorate...go back and clean up in a few days. Traditions...of a small rural town. No place is exempt of waking to find themselves in a nightmare.
FB_IMG_1556276283544.jpg

Top Bottom