Thornless Brazilian Raintree

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I know there are several people here looking for this, self included, so I am offering a heads up for two on eBay right now. They are too pricey for me considering the work they need.

SWfloirda

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I don't think they're rare enough to warrant that price. I went to the seller's website. Good googly moogly. Going by their pricing and what they consider rare my little collection of tropical prebonsai is worth millions.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't think they're rare enough to warrant that price. I went to the seller's website. Good googly moogly. Going by their pricing and what they consider rare my little collection of tropical prebonsai is worth millions.
I agree and that's why I don't have one. But they are very rare nonetheless.

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
I agree and that's why I don't have one. But they are very rare nonetheless.
I'm sure they're rare in most places but they're not as rare in Florida as they are elsewhere. The seller on Ebay is across town from me and I noticed them on Etsy. I messaged them when I first started bonsai and they said I could come to their nursery by appointment. I began paying attention to their trees online and some are very nice but they're very overpriced compared to other bonsai nurseries in central Florida. Just my opinion and the nursery where I buy doesn't do mail order but Wigerts is reasonable. If I were looking for something specific I'd speak to them.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm sure they're rare in most places but they're not as rare in Florida as they are elsewhere. The seller on Ebay is across town from me and I noticed them on Etsy. I messaged them when I first started bonsai and they said I could come to their nursery by appointment. I began paying attention to their trees online and some are very nice but they're very overpriced compared to other bonsai nurseries in central Florida. Just my opinion and the nursery where I buy doesn't do mail order but Wigerts is reasonable. If I were looking for something specific I'd speak to them.
It is a hard plant for me to locate and Wigerts does not have them.

bangsaturday

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
+7
If I was into tropicals......I could make it unrare.

I just managed to air-layer my 6 yr old Brazilian Raintree (Donor approximately 1 metre tall) with roots appearing within 4-5 weeks. 20220706_120959.jpg

20220706_121010.jpg

Currently, I have a 70cm tall, and a 12cm tall air-layered BRT.

20220706_121058.jpg

20220706_121037.jpg

These Brazilian Rain Trees are fairly easy to take root with Clonex (Purple), Spaghum Moss, and Plastic Capsules or Plastic Bags.

Now as for "thornless BRTs", I have yet to encounter them in person, so it is a rare sight (from where I am at, in Indonesia).

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Love tree description: "Annual, evergreen". 🤪Huh?

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
It is a hard plant for me to locate and Wigerts does not have them.
I happen to have two of them, and also three - rare - corkbark raintrees.
And I know people right here in this forum who got one (thornless) here in Brazil and managed to take it to northern Germany inside a suitcase, risking jail...
So, if you decide to be adventurous, call me. I am here.

SockUnicorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
If you want them in the continental US I can sell you one. I have around 8 right now, and I have a large mother as well. Over time I'll be continuing to propagate them.

Here's a goofy one I've been taking apart with layers

Attachments

• IMG_20220810_173703_386.jpg
    IMG_20220810_173703_386.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 17

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So is this some sort of genetic or phenotypic variation of BRT?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I sent you a pm.
If you want them in the continental US I can sell you one. I have around 8 right now, and I have a large mother as well. Over time I'll be continuing to propagate them.

Here's a goofy one I've been taking apart with layers

Top Bottom