Those exceptional creatures....

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
It's only six months since Nouri left us and now we lost our second cat, Blofas.
This is sad, too sad.
I was always complaining against him for chewing my trees/plants and now he is gone because he -most probably- ate leaves from plants which were sprayed with fungicide...
Two pets gone in such a short time... from accidents... I don't want to believe it...
Our hearts are bleeding...
Photo0804.jpg

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I am feeling your pain my nellie, it's so hard to loose one, but two in one year, I know what that feels like. I hope you remember what all the good things were with these two, and the joy they brought into your life.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
So sorry to hear. We lost both of our dogs within a year of each other. Losing 2 pets in 6 months, must be devastating.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Deepest heartfelt sympathy...lost two within two months a few years back. It sucks...but, I hope the memories one day chases the tears...and you can remember fond memories of them. (((Hugs)))

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Our beloved cat Nouri is no longer with us.....

He has been a fighter all his short life and as such he has struggled to live all through these last days.....

This morning our good vet had him operated to realize an oversized ruptured spleen.....

Poor animal didn't overcome the surgery/anaesthezia....

View attachment 190333 View attachment 190335
I grieve with you my friend:(.

Silentrunning

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Monday night we had to put our beloved Chocolate Lab, Oakley, down. At 14 years old his life was becoming miserable. He had lost control of his bodily functions Saturday and cried all night Sunday. Now he won’t suffer any more.1ECF716D-2F8B-4214-A0A2-D6642BC03F73.jpeg

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Thank you friends, thank you all for your kind words of sympathy...
It is exactly the way that Carol put it : it is devastating

Monday night we had to put our beloved Chocolate Lab, Oakley, down.
On the contrary our misfortune was that we couldn't find our vet or any vet to put him down...
Yesterday, we were having him at home, the vet administered intravenous serum with specific treatment for his liver in a last and desperate effort to help his organs.
Then he had difficulty to breathe and was puffing but it was late at night and the only vet clinic open was far away so that the end would come while transporting him there....
My son was trying to help his laboured respiration was giving him kisses of life....
I know human life is invaluable and people are suffering a lot of pain and diseases, but to see a little creature struggling in such a way it makes your heart bleed...

... ...lost two within two months a few years back. It sucks... ...
I feel you. Anyone who has been in the same situation feels each other.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hello everyone,
It's been some time I do not participate as often as I did in the past. But I am here and I check every now and then and read posts here and there....
Serious family issues, health problems plus unfortunate situation with my bonsai... I asked my daughter to check on the automated watering system during my short vacation and the result is I lost my best tree plus some other less significant to me....
I was completely frustrated to a point that I was wondering whether I would keep on cultivating my trees.
But a good bonsai friend encouraged me and changed my mind and I came back to my trees.
... ... ...It is exactly the way that @Carol 83 put it : it is devastating... ... ... ...
And the misfortune goes on.
We had to put our dearest Nellie (seen on my avatar) down due to her illness. Was diagnosed with multicentric lymphoma. Symptomatic treatment administered to her caused other unpleasant reactions. Doctors said that costly chemotherapy could only give her some 1-3 more months of life BUT with all the symptoms worsening. She couldn't breath.... specifically during the night, she vomited, she was exhausted more and more every day. So we had to make this difficult decision and our Nellie is now resting among her friends Nouri and Blofas.

@sorce
Will you please edit the title to : "Those exceptional creatures"
Thank you.

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Yes, you are correct. Nothing is eternal.

Regarding bonsai, I really do not have too many of them. However, most of them are in development stages.
But I guess I am pretty attached to them and that's why I was dissuaded by my friend.
So I could not keep only one and give away the rest. I want them to grow and be transformed the way I have envisioned (the three trident seedlings included) ;)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your dog. I'm sure it makes the loss of a few trees insignificant.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I hope you find the strength to open your heart to love a few more of Those Exceptional Creatures!

We are always here for a friend!

Sorce

Top Bottom