Thoughts on newly discovered bonsai channel

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I do all of my repotting in October/November, because it's the only time that I'm able to do it. I try not to divulge this too often as it seems to cause nothing but arguments for whatever reason. I must admit, even after 7 years of doing it, I'm still nervous when temps drop below freezing for a couple weeks and all of my freshly repotted trees are frozen solid.
WHAT?!

Just kidding :) If you can't do it in spring, the next best time is in the fall, after leaf drop but before any hard freeze. So there ya go - no controversy from me :)

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
Hi folks,

I just chanced upon this bonsai channel and wanted to share it.
I found it pretty useful.

Bonsai Haruyoshi
This is one I have watched for tips on shohin black pine technique. He does more than just that but it seems that small JBP is his specialty.

ShimpakuBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I don't want to bash this guy Milton (calling himself a bonsai master) and his way of doing bonsai (he has known John Naka).
But I'm really surpriced he has build a bonsai community and has over 100.000 subscribers on his YT channel.

Dabbler

Shohin
Reaction score
Cool channel to now follow!

Ruddigger

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I don't want to bash this guy Milton (calling himself a bonsai master) and his way of doing bonsai (he has known John Naka).
But I'm really surpriced he has build a bonsai community and has over 100.000 subscribers on his YT channel.

His california juniper video was appalling. I left a comment and a bunch of people jumped all over me. 🤣

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is what surprised me too. I looked at social blade, and noticed his channel gaining like 10K subscribers in a single week last spring.
And looking at the video statistics, I cannot figure out what video caused this.

I was assuming he was a well-known artist in USA, which I had just not heard of considering how fast his channel ballooned.

Now this channel is a great one with a young artist creating videos at high technical quality, and he seems to be well-informed. Also growing fast, but not like our friend Milton.

JeffS73

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hi folks,

I just chanced upon this bonsai channel and wanted to share it.
I found it pretty useful.

Bonsai Haruyoshi
Haruyoshi is also a famous bonsai pot maker and painter, he shows his pottery work in some of the videos, which is superb. He studied under Harumatsu, and some details of their work are the same. I'm eagerly awaiting arrival of a painted pot!

Top Bottom