Thoughts on Today's Bonsai Mirai Tree Sale?

smc

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Looks like their tree sale just went live

smc

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I don't see it

Under shop product switch the filter to be "from new to old" - looks like they didn't update the website for a direct link. But, the trees will all pop up after adjusting the sort filter.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Supposed to start at 10 PDT (so in about a half hour). Apparently the link went "live" early and several people found it and purchased trees. It's since been taken down. Not sure what will happen next.

JonW

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not surprised the $350 trees sold out. Out of my price range, but Ryan has become such a big name, that a lot of people would love to have one of his trees.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not much diversity as usual in the offerings.
Hardly seems fair that several of the trees were already sold when the site officially opened.
Yeah, that's a huge issue for a place that prides itself on attention to detail. People were saying the same thing happened in one of their previous sales.

I'm also not a fan of the high pressure aspect of their sales. You don't have a chance to preview the trees - you have to make a split second decision (for hundreds or thousands of dollars) based off a couple of photos. For some people I think all that matters is owning a Mirai tree but...not for me.

smc

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
While it is of my price range (and skill level), I admire Colorado Spruce No. 2 and Pomegranate No. 1. Both are spectacular natural compositions.

The $350 trees didn't do much for me.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
While it is of my price range (and skill level), I admire Colorado Spruce No. 2 and Pomegranate No. 1. Both are spectacular natural compositions.

The $350 trees didn't do much for me.
Those are both nice. The pom seems to be fairly reasonably priced. I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And just like that, the pom sold! LOL.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Anyone care to post a link? :cool:

Nothing on Mirai live indicates anything.

uppp.....figured it out. thank you.... 🥴

Kadebe

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Well, if anyone needs the link :cool:

smc

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Not impressed tbh

It looks like they are removing trees once they are bought - so this thread is now somewhat moot since all that can be seen are the remaining (and over time less nice) trees

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
the $350 dollar trees were in $200 pots, at lest that Tom Benda one, so your paying about 100-150 for the tree that has been repotted, initial style done, and seemingly healthy...not too bad...that 2k Coast live oak was bitching but waaayyyy out of my price range...Also had that blue rug juniper that was air layered way back off the nursery stock series, that one would have been cool to own...

roberthu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Not much diversity as usual in the offerings.
Hardly seems fair that several of the trees were already sold when the site officially opened.
Price in art is very subjective so I don't have much comment on that. But I strongly agree that it's not very diverse. Conifers are like over 90% of the listings.

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
If they sell, are they overpriced?

Thats what I am saying. “I” think they are over priced, but Im a nobody. I have seen rough un styled material similar for less than a quarter of the price. I understand pot (obviously) and styling by mirai adds significant amount.

The point I ended on was anything is worth what someone will pay for it. If I can sell a box of used tissues for 1000$, its worth 1000$.

Top Bottom