Tiger Bark Fiscus - Suggestions

stevenpollock

Sapling
Reaction score
Honestly it's looking pretty gone. You should leave it outside all day and night so long as it stays above 50F. It needs to stay as humid as possible.

It probably won't backbud because it wasn't really growing to begin with, just limping along.

ok thank you for your reply. Just out of curiosity. What is the typical time frame to see backbuds on a healthy one. In summer ?.

Reaction score
Ugh !!! I wish you got responses back a lot sooner too.:( You cut back pretty far and left no foliage, didn't change to soil, and the worst thing of all is that your keeping it in full sun all day! Don't do that man. Why sun if there is no leaves to absorb it? But there is still hope!! Ficus are strong trees and can survive a beating like this. You just got to give it the proper care. Keep it in the shade and keep a eye on it. Your tree is super stressed and bright hot sun won't help any. Shade it, leave it outside, and keep a eye on it. 10 days isn't very long to see results, some trees will but not it full sun like you said. It's like getting done surgery, you don't run out and play or work afterwards. You sit back relax and recover. That's what you need to do here. Also as weeks pass and see nothing still give the outer bark a little scratch. If green under the bark then there is still hope. If brown and dry you lost it my friend. Keep hope man! It's not the worst thing you could of done lol. Good luck

stevenpollock

Sapling
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping the info coming. It's resting on my East facing balcony and gets full sun morning until about 1 or 2pm in the afternoon.

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for keeping the info coming. It's resting on my East facing balcony and gets full sun morning until about 1 or 2pm in the afternoon.

Try covering it and increasing humidity. I did that on some ficus goners, and at least portions sprouted back.

Cover? Some form of humidity dome. Like seedling bed covers, or buy the largest water jug you can find, cut it in half, and cover the thing.

Not in direct full blazing sun either. Dappled for now.

IMO.

stevenpollock

Sapling
Reaction score
Cover those slats underneath and mist the inside. It should look like a sweaty mess.
ok I will put pot on a cookie tray tomorrow and a little water on the tray to up humidity !?? . ;)...

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
ok I will put pot on a cookie tray tomorrow and a little water on the tray to up humidity !?? . ;)...

spray bottle. fill it with water. mist everything including the inside of the dome. keep covered, and keep sweaty. air out once in a while, and cover back up.

cookie tray should work.

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Does anybody see what I see ?. This image is magnified big time but I see green !!. Fingers crossed that this means more to come.

View attachment 151164

If that is a bud ( and I think it is!) but I don't want to jump the gun......

It's gonna give you fireworks for Fourth of July! Keep updating when more pop!

Ficus are tanks. Many think they have to be in "Tip Top" shape to take the abuse but that is not the case.

Even with temperature, they can take much colder temps than they get credit for.

I have a certain personal classification of trees............. I call them "weed-like" Ficus is one of them, they grow like weeds lol!

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Honestly it's looking pretty gone. You should leave it outside all day and night so long as it stays above 50F. It needs to stay as humid as possible.

It probably won't backbud because it wasn't really growing to begin with, just limping along.

Hey Ryan check it out! Tree ain't a goner yet :D:D:D:D

Top Bottom