Tilia Cordata

Doug J

Mame
Reaction score
Most of the stuff on lindens seems a bit old, at least what I could find. Here is my newly acquired Tilia. It will continue to be developed in the style of @Walter Pall and the naturalistic style

Attachments

• VjLplgjGRnqqadyYXOcWCw.jpg
    VjLplgjGRnqqadyYXOcWCw.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 124
  • fullsizeoutput_c2.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_c2.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Mk3+gx%bRJqlnXINWJwF1Q.jpg
    Mk3+gx%bRJqlnXINWJwF1Q.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 126

Doug J

Mame
Reaction score
Love to hear from anyone else who is growing these

Doug J

Mame
Reaction score
That would be cool. I've never interacted with him, but I know he's top level.

sdavis

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Most of the stuff on lindens seems a bit old, at least what I could find. Here is my newly acquired Tilia. It will continue to be developed in the style of @Walter Pall and the naturalistic style

I have several and I really like what you have done with yours. Keep it up!

Doug J

Mame
Reaction score
Thank you, but I just bought it and can't claim to have done anything to it myself except for repotting it yesterday. I do hope to develop ramification, and also do something with the deadwood.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
As Sal mentioned, I do have a really nice tilia cordata from Mirai. Unfortunately I cannot effectively add anything of value here as I just started working with this species. I will certainly share my experiences as they become available. :)

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice!!! Did you get this from Brent at Evergreen? Because it looks familiar.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Remember that these tend to die back if you defoliate after the longest day. They just sit there, and in winter I see branches die off . At least, they do for me.

Trimming hard in winter will give you an array of buds to select from. I find they are sensitive to bulges, wuickly producing them when large sacrifice branches are grown out and -probably- incorrectly trimmed. I have a hard time growing them out to realistic trunks.

Coppersdad

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have seedlings on order if that counts!
I have four I got as seedlings two years ago. Sorry no pics. The leaves can be so small and the trees/wood has such an interesting history, I couldn't resist.
Each is in an individual pot and so far the four have developed unevenly even with identical care. Of course, I have great hopes for this year.
I'd really like to hear of possible sources for trees larger than seedlings, if anyone knows...

Doug J

Mame
Reaction score
Nice!!! Did you get this from Brent at Evergreen? Because it looks familiar.
I did get it from Brent at Evergreen. Good eye. It was a bit pricey...for me at least...but I developed an obsession for it. I literally lost sleep thinking about it. o_O

Doug J

Mame
Reaction score
Remember that these tend to die back if you defoliate after the longest day. They just sit there, and in winter I see branches die off . At least, they do for me.

Trimming hard in winter will give you an array of buds to select from. I find they are sensitive to bulges, wuickly producing them when large sacrifice branches are grown out and -probably- incorrectly trimmed. I have a hard time growing them out to realistic trunks.
Will keep all that in mind. Thanks for sharing.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have two in the ground. Both were in pots at one time (and hopefully at least one of them will be again). I had some trouble with them in pots, usually they developed chlorosis during
the summer and I could never figure out why. I believe Brent told me they were sensitive to salts in the substrate (I got them as seedlings from him). They've been fine in the ground, very
vigorous and no problems with the foliage.

Doug J

Mame
Reaction score
I have two in the ground. Both were in pots at one time (and hopefully at least one of them will be again). I had some trouble with them in pots, usually they developed chlorosis during
the summer and I could never figure out why. I believe Brent told me they were sensitive to salts in the substrate (I got them as seedlings from him). They've been fine in the ground, very
vigorous and no problems with the foliage.
good to know

Top Bottom