Timing of tropical trees in the tropic region

Darkjellyfish

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The other day I picked up a Bonsai book and noticed that the techniques for Japanese species such as pines, junipers, maples, quinces, etc, have been documented in depth on the timing of practices per seasons. Popular bonsai streamsrs such as Ryan Neil, Bjorn have been documenting the local NA species too, in the form of streaming.

Tropical species in popular NA streams are few and far in between, and we just have so much more than ficus and bougies.

Is there a well known master in tropic region, or SE Asia, who has published books, blogs, or streamings on the tropical species in depth? Honestly I’d just like to learn more on the techniques and cares to develop my trees more efficiently, per the conditions of each season to each particular species.

OTown

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
There is a smattering of stuff on YouTube. But nothing comprehensive. Look for stuff from David Cutchin, Adam Lavigne, and Juan Andrade. David has recently been on Mirai introducing tropical species.

That said, there are a ton of knowledgeable hobbiests in Florida who don't seem to participate in this forum.

OTown

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Oh and Martha Goff published a two volume guide to various tropical species. That is a great starting point.

Top Bottom