Tiny Collected Crabapple

silversara

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'mactually not sure if it quite counts as collecting since it looks to be so young, but I believe it is at least a year old, as all the other sprouts around it are still pushing out of their seeds, or barely have their first two leaves, (of the crab apples, some of the elms have started growing their second set of leaves).
But maybe it was just an early bloomer?
If I am incorrect about the species, don't be shy in letting me know, however it looks like a crab to me, and it was growing under my crabapple tree, so I feel like it is.
It's root ball came up in a single little clump about the size of a large marble, and it had a lot of super fine feeder roots, this was my absolute smallest pot and it looks huge with this tree. It's about an inch tall, lighter for reference in pictures. It has some juvenile bark (?) on the lower part of the trunk, and I haven't wired it or done anything other than transplant it so far. I felt like I should dig it up because it was in a pretty high traffic area of the yard and I didn't want it to die or dissappear on me.
But now I have it in a pot and I have no idea what to do with it.
Should I try for a Shito?

20170412_222728.jpg
20170412_222956.jpg
20170412_223442.jpg

Top Bottom