TinyTree Study Group - Virtual Tours

SC1989

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I ll play, pics only though. Give me a bit
Started raining out yesterday, in Minneapolis today for kids doc appointment. My virtual tour will have to wait. Plus side is, we are visiting the Como Conservatory, mom and the kids are going to the zoo and I am going to the new Japanese garden to see their bonsai collection!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Ok... I managed to get it done!

In three videos.

A COUPLE THINGS FIRST!!!:

1.) The camera angle was adjusted AFTER the recording had begun on the first video.. so it is sideways. I DON'T Know how to fix it, and I am sorry.

2.) I had just inhaled my morning medicine prior to filming these.. so this is me.. a touch slowed down and spacey. ๐Ÿคช I did not watch through them to check for "filler speech patters", "Repeat phrasing/word usage" or grammatical errors... so what you see is what you get... always "take one" ๐Ÿ˜‚

3.) Those bottles of premixed neem spray, are recycled as functional "spritzers" from my first year (and not even filled with NEEM, currently).. I mix my own, these days.

Without further (or nearer) ado (or adon't)...

nuttiest

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Love the big smile at the end of 3. You have fit a LOt of stuff into a small space, development will just get better and better.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A

In three videos.

1.) The camera angle was adjusted AFTER the recording had begun on the first video.. so it is sideways. I DON'T Know how to fix it, and I am sorry.

2.) I had just inhaled my morning medicine prior to filming these.. so this is me.. a touch slowed down and spacey. ๐Ÿคช I did not watch through them to check for "filler speech patters", "Repeat phrasing/word usage" or grammatical errors... so what you see is what you get... always "take one" ๐Ÿ˜‚

3.) Those bottles of premixed neem spray, are recycled as functional "spritzers" from my first year (and not even filled with NEEM, currently).. I mix my own, these days.

Like the tour a lot. I knew you are young but didnโ€™t realize how young. Now I feel ancient :D

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The tour WAS fun, you do have a lot of stuff. I may get around to doing one of all my stuff one of these days. Just outa curiosity, which one of those rubrum seeds has a lot of mutations?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
The tour WAS fun, you do have a lot of stuff. I may get around to doing one of all my stuff one of these days. Just outa curiosity, which one of those rubrum seeds has a lot of mutations?
There is one displaying "curled leaf" but HEALTHY... similar to Tancho and other vars of Acer in genetically fluctuating species.

And one is a true blue mutant... three at each, after true leaves.

I mean't "a lot of noted variation already" Not simply desirable.. but DIFFERENT.. because 2 already.. in all the seeds I planted, IS a lot. ๐Ÿ˜‚ And then consider that they are BOTH noted in Rubrum.. and those rubrum are BOTH grown from those SUPER vivid samaras you sent...

I think that's what I meant. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I hope they stay true and are not environmental.

๐Ÿค“

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Like the tour a lot. I knew you are young but didnโ€™t realize how young. Now I feel ancient :D
If it makes you feel any better... I have the liver/kidneys of a 70-year old... So... you can do the math... ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜ฉ

But moving on...

I've found that NO MATTER how old I get, I hear "You ain't THAT old!" ๐Ÿ˜œ... So I'll always KEEP believing it.

๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿค“

Nah.. It's not just you, though..

With short hair, 'normal clothes' and clean shaven... I get carded to buy rated 'R' movies.. (This has happened TWICE in my thirties)

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Waiting to look like Clint Eastwood is TOUGH!

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Love the big smile at the end of 3. You have fit a LOt of stuff into a small space, development will just get better and better.
Thank you!!!

After 3 years now, some of the plants I've been working with can now start resembling Miniature Trees!...

I used to like to say, "It's because I refuse to spend a lot of money on a more developed tree."

Buuuut.. it falls MORE along the lines of, "I don't HAVE a lot of money to spend on a more developed tree."

๐Ÿ˜‚

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
There is one displaying "curled leaf" but HEALTHY... similar to Tancho and other vars of Acer in genetically fluctuating species.

And one is a true blue mutant... three at each, after true leaves.

I mean't "a lot of noted variation already" Not simply desirable.. but DIFFERENT.. because 2 already.. in all the seeds I planted, IS a lot. ๐Ÿ˜‚ And then consider that they are BOTH noted in Rubrum.. and those rubrum are BOTH grown from those SUPER vivid samaras you sent...

I think that's what I meant. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I hope they stay true and are not environmental.

๐Ÿค“
Awesome, I canโ€™t tell if I have any true variation yet on the same ones I planted, the bugs seem to like eating them ๐Ÿคฌ. I will defiantly make sure to collect more samaras from that same tree next year.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
If it makes you feel any better... I have the liver/kidneys of a 70-year old... So... you can do the math... ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜ฉ

But moving on...

I've found that NO MATTER how old I get, I hear "You ain't THAT old!" ๐Ÿ˜œ... So I'll always KEEP believing it.

๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿค“

Nah.. It's not just you, though..

With short hair, 'normal clothes' and clean shaven... I get carded to buy rated 'R' movies.. (This has happened TWICE in my thirties)

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Waiting to look like Clint Eastwood is TOUGH!

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
The champion of getting carded is my second youngest sister. Now in her mid fifties, when going to the movies in a group, we still buy her a children ticket just for a laugh, because we can.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I am ALSO interested in this!
It'll be like a national legend.. finding that tree...

Just like there's a crabapple tree, in a gas station parking lot... in a little (I forget the exact name.. but COULD find out quickly) Kentucky Mountain town, carved/blasted out of mountain rock.... THE BEST CRABAPPLES i've had EVER... HANDS DOWN.

And there's this Ulmus Pumila... in a gas station lot south of sheboygan... it was obviously sprayed a lot during it's juvenile years... (the gas station is long since run down and not cared for very well)... The foliage is roughly 3 cm.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
It'll be like a national legend.. finding that tree...

Just like there's a crabapple tree, in a gas station parking lot... in a little (I forget the exact name.. but COULD find out quickly) Kentucky Mountain town, carved/blasted out of mountain rock.... THE BEST CRABAPPLES i've had EVER... HANDS DOWN.

And there's this Ulmus Pumila... in a gas station lot south of sheboygan... it was obviously sprayed a lot during it's juvenile years... (the gas station is long since run down and not cared for very well)... The foliage is roughly 3 cm.
This tree is easy enough for me to find. It hangs over the sidewalk where I walk my dog. He likes to poop under it ๐Ÿ˜‚

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
(P.S. The Carolinas are my FAVORITE U.S. accent ((Parts of Georgia and North Florida END up in that range, also)))

๐Ÿคช

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
HOLY carp, Mateo, NICE!

Thank you for sharing!!!

I had no Idea you were "packin" so much "plant"

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
The cicadas are in full swing here as you could probably hear. Iโ€™ve been growing trees for a few years and I have the space to accumulate quite a collection. Iโ€™m hoping my Etsy page will put a dent in my stock this fall so I can make room for new species. I need to get taking pictures and getting supplies ready for mass shipping.

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

In three videos.

Great tour you have some interesting stuff going on I agree with Cajun you are to young ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ keep digging may I suggest a bigger shovel

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wouldnโ€™t trade my southern draw for anything ๐Ÿ˜‚
Great tour love all the stuff I canโ€™t grow here . ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Surprised you have live oak . I to like the accent . Sober time in NC including my honeymoon on the banks and as a stock car fan around you . Great BBQ When I was younger be lucky if I could put 2 sentences together talking to a woman with that southern drawl ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ you have a very varied collection ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Top Bottom